President visits a prison
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: President visits a prison

Default President visits a prison

I like that he is wanting to reform the sentencing of non-biolent criminals. Keep the bad people in prison, but don't put somebody in prison for life for selling pot with no violence involved in they're arrest. Will reduce the overcrowding in the prisons, therefore reducing the burden of the taxpayers to keep these non-violent people locked up.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by james durfee View Post
    I like that he is wanting to reform the sentencing of non-biolent criminals. Keep the bad people in prison, but don't put somebody in prison for life for selling pot with no violence involved in they're arrest. Will reduce the overcrowding in the prisons, therefore reducing the burden of the taxpayers to keep these non-violent people locked up.
    He's done nothing to fix the VA mess yet, he should finish that one before he lets more violent criminals out of prison. They've already let thousands of Illegal Alien violent felons out. If you don't want to get sent to prison for selling pot, don't sell pot, its pretty simple.

He wrote personal letters to all 47 people he pardoned but not even a mention of that poor girl in SF murdered by the Illegal felon. Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by james durfee View Post
    Then you can invite them to your house for a camp fire and sing kum ba ya together. Maybe invite the neighborhood kids to come hang with these fine upstanding individuals. Then you can set a good friend's daughter up with one even.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    (05/20/03-12/19/16)
    HRCH UH Scott's Little Pistol SH (Annie)
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

There's going to be a big push by progressives to make it legal for imprisoned felons to vote in federal elections. (Between the drug war and abortion, they've gotten rid of a big chunk of their constituency) I'm libertarian enough to want to see sentencing reform. I don't trust these guys to do it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    He's done nothing to fix the VA mess yet, he should finish that one before he lets more violent criminals out of prison. They've already let thousands of Illegal Alien violent felons out. If you don't want to get sent to prison for selling pot, don't sell pot, its pretty simple.

He wrote personal letters to all 47 people he pardoned but not even a mention of that poor girl in SF murdered by the Illegal felon. Shameful.
    You still need to work on reading comprehension. The OP is about NON VIOLENT offenders

Jug Ears should've been entering for a ten year stretch
    "Do more than is required of you"
    General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    You still need to work on reading comprehension. The OP is about NON VIOLENT offenders
    I didn't see any tax offenders on the list. Wouldn't they be safest prisoners to release? Just a opinion.

Someone on the TV said that obama was doing a documentary film at the prison. That was once, no repeat of that idea since. His trip to Oklahoma involved a stop among the members of one Native American tribe. Some good PR for our prez right now. Kissing babies went out of style a long time ago ! Just go around and "glad hand" the public at large. Be sure and "kiss up" to a bunch of groups of people.
    charly

"To become competent in governing others, we must first learn to govern ourselves"
    Waite Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    I didn't see any tax offenders on the list. Wouldn't they be safest prisoners to release? Just a opinion.
    usually non violent for certain! except for that guy named al capone who evaded taxes. i saw him hit a guy with a baseball bat on this one movie!
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Tax offenders don't even go to prison any more. Just ask Al and gang.
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.