TN shooting - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TN shooting

The new perspective on the shooter is that it was NOT radical Islam that caused him to kill ... it was the American society he lived in.

The NY Times says:
    Mohammod Abdulazeez's past included drug abuse, mental illness and trouble keeping work.
    It was OUR fault for being such a decadent society.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    The new perspective on the shooter is that it was NOT radical Islam that caused him to kill ... it was the American society he lived in.

The NY Times says:

It was OUR fault for being such a decadent society.
    Gerry, you didn't even quote a full sentence. What blog did you find that spin on the article on? The actual article from the Times made no mention of blaming the American culture. Where you have a period in you quote, you should have had a comma followed by:
    at the same time he found himself alienated from United States policies in the Arab world, according to the authorities, friends and the family representative. The authorities who were examining Mr. Abdulazeez’s computer found that he had viewed material connected to Anwar al-Awlaki, the radical American-born cleric who was killed in Yemen by an American drone strike in 2011, according to a person with knowledge of the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Gerry, you didn't even quote a full sentence. What blog did you find that spin on the article on? The actual article from the Times made no mention of blaming the American culture. Where you have a period in you quote, you should have had a comma followed by:

You really are no fun at all!
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

This is quote from NY Times today:
    A family representative in Tennessee, who spoke on the condition that he not be named, said Mr. Abdulazeez went to Jordan last year because “folks in his family wanted to get him out of being around bad influences in Chattanooga,” including drugs. The uncle and grandfather “were going to give him some work to do and watch him and see if they could get him back on the right track.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/22/us...=30531749&_r=0

Interesting as well that they give space to emphasize that his deed was not a result of AQ or ISIS affiliation. Excuse me ... I thought the whole idea of "lone wolf" terrorism was that there would not be an visible ties to the group. Even more terrifying, really, since it could be just about anyone on any street corner any time. And it has been ISIS that has advocated just that ... and also specifically targeting military & their families.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.