The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are they serious?????

Default Are they serious?????

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...m-owning-guns/

OK,,, if all you have to say is its just Fox news scaring "Old" people,,dont respond,, but if you think there may be something to this,, I would like to listen to what you think..

THIS is my RED line drawn in the sand..... THATS MY OPINION!!!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I believe they are serious.

"The Obama administration wants to keep people collecting Social Security benefits from owning guns if it is determined they are unable to manage their own affairs, the Los Angeles Times reported."

I believe the key here is in the word 'unable'. Who will define that? Just because some folks have their affairs managed by others does not mean they are incompetent to the point where they should be denied gun ownership. If we think the older folks are targets now just wait and see what happens if this idiotic idea becomes law.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

2 things that come to my mind.

1. who decides what drug makes you incompetent to own or handle a gun.

2. Another means to get to a point in time where they can "Means test" Social security....

P.S.. One more thought,,, What about the arming of Social security Offices,,and the Huge amount of Ammo that was purchased for them?
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post

OK,,, if all you have to say is its just Fox news scaring "Old" people,,dont respond,, but if you think there may be something to this,, I would like to listen to what you think..

Gooser
    Well first off it wont pass constitutional muster. Due to his limited remaining time in office a new president is more likely to be in place to undo it before it can wind its way up to SCOTUS. Having said that if he issues an EO to do this, then it should be expanded to include welfare receiptents since they too are experiencing financial woes, or are just to damn lazy to go find a job.

Arming the SSA was just a front to buy up ammo and keep it out of the hands of those who are not afraid to excercise their second amendment right.

I think the Oduma$$ regime is using this new proposed rule as a chance to steel guns and keep them from getting passed down from parents to children. If they take the guns before the parents die there is less chance the guns become untraceable. They really want to be able to track every gun on US soil. A lot of the weapons owned by the older folks are WWII, Korea War and Vietnam era pistols and hunting rifles. I don't see what the big hop la is with this regime over these types of weapons.
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

Guns? What guns? I don't have any stinkin' guns.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I'm interested to know how the feds even know what seniors own what guns. Most of those guns were likely owned before there was a background investigation system in place. And when the legislation and subsequent funding was appropriated to build and maintain that NCIS background check system it was made illegal for the feds to create a national firearms registery. Their, assuming BATF, identification of firearms owners would be an admission they broke the law. The form 4473 that local FFL's have you fill out are maintained by the FFL's and are not to be given to BATF or other LE except in the case of investigating a crime i.e. tracing a firearm purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post

Gooser
    If mismanaging money is the top criteria that would include a lot
    of people, politico's & WS bankers being at the top of that list!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

I am thinking if the inability to manage money is the criteria then disarm congress and all the other government agencies. I don't know of one that can mange a budget.
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

this is another backdoor attempt to circumvent the 2A..IMO they are looking for a precedent, so when they decide to challenge it in court they can show that there is an existing statute on the books

and with this current SCOTUS who knows how they will vote

and to those that nonchalantly passed on the notion that the current POTUS was going to get at least TWO SCOTUS appointees, not so funny anymore...
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"