A sad state of affairs
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A sad state of affairs

Default A sad state of affairs

Though not directed towards me, the personal attacks being traded back and forth on multiple threads are getting to be quite stale and, I believe, counter productive to meaningful discussion and/or debate of politics.

Is anyone else on here tired of this B.S.? Come on guys, give it a rest, please.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Though not directed towards me, the personal attacks being traded back and forth on multiple threads are getting to be quite stale and, I believe, counter productive to meaningful discussion and/or debate of politics.

Is anyone else on here tired of this B.S.? Come on guys, give it a rest, please.-Paul
    I'm with you Paul!

Stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

When it is all they offer I agree that it is . But it also shows if used as a constant that they are
    more than likely someone you wouldn't want to converse with.

On the other hand, is telling the truth a personal attack? We have or have had a few posters whose
    personal conduct past & present make them very worthy targets as they use the personal attack
    as their principal weapon in an argument.

I generally figure, if someone is resorting to personal stuff in a discussion they have run out of ammo
    in any exchange of thoughts on this forum.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I also agree with you Paul and Marvin regarding constructive comments. The other Stan...

paul, stan, marvin and stan,

i agree.......but all four of you still suck!
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Well John that is probably because we all suckled our mother's milk and we are not breast obsessed !

I agree. This place used to be like a tailgate gathering with differing beliefs and opinions. Certainly a far cry from that now.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    (05/20/03-12/19/16)
    HRCH UH Scott's Little Pistol SH (Annie)
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member

Once you attack someone personally over a difference of opinion, you have lost the debate.
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

Agree with you and Stan. Seems if you don't fall lock step in the complete party line and have an opinion that differs you are attacked. Small minds seem to have the biggest mouths. Not even worth offering up a differing opinion anymore.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Very tired of the attacks on other posters. I come on here to learn about political stuff and those personal attacks don't help anyone.
    charly

"To become competent in governing others, we must first learn to govern ourselves"
    Waite Phillips