Michael Youssef
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Michael Youssef

Default Michael Youssef

Heard this fellow on talk radio this evening ... Googled him for more info ... born in Egypt, he's Christian pastor here in Atlanta, and has authored books on the situation of Christians and the ME since 1982. His first book was "Black Gold & Holy War" which was way ahead of his time in that connection. Several other books since then; most recent "Jesus, Jihad and Peace."

He noted some interesting facts:

About Egypt: that Morsi actually did NOT win the election. He actually lost by 200,000 votes. He says that fact was actually published in Arabic, and the western press never noticed. This should be something that could be verified. He said he brought it up at the time, but no one paid any attention.

At that time, the military was running Egypt (Murburak had been removed). The Egyptian military was very dependent on US aid. The narrative he gave said that our POTUS intervened; compelled the military to remove their leader at the time (he named the man, but I can't recall the name) and declare Morsi (Muslim Brotherhood) the winner of the election ... with threat of holding up that aid to the military.

This means that when our POTUS got all hot about Morsi, as the duly elected leader, being removed by the military, that, too, would have been a lie. Morsi had lost that election.

He also recalled that when POTUS gave his famous Cairo speech, he required Muburak to seat members of the Muslim Brotherhood up front. Even then the MB was not popular in Egypt. Egyptians did not forget that.

Not sure if this part could be verified: He stated that there were four card-carrying members of Muslim Brotherhood on WH staff.

About the Mahdi: He also stated that some Muslims promote the prophecy that when the Mahdi arrives, Jesus (considered a prophet/teacher by Islam) will return to validate the Mahdi ... and Jesus will declare himself a Muslim and turn against the Christians and Jews. Interesting teaching to continue the meme that Christians and Jews are infidels.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I suggest everybody who has an interest in religion start by reading the Old Testament Bible, New Testament Bible and Koran. Scholars argue that one should read it in the original form of transcription , ie. Hebrew, Aramaic , Greek and Classical Arabic to understand the subtlies of interpretation. Of course, you can always go to your local pastor , rabbi, mullah/iman , priest or pope for their instruction.
    My point being there are as many views on life/religion as there are living people not counting all those who are dead that left us their views.That is why we have had religious wars and will continue in the name of "G..d." Remember our home grown Waco , Texas boy or maybe Belize with that San Francisco crowd? They believed as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Heard this fellow on talk radio this evening ... Googled him for more info ... born in Egypt, he's Christian pastor here in Atlanta, and has authored books on the situation of Christians and the ME since 1982. His first book was "Black Gold & Holy War" which was way ahead of his time in that connection. Several other books since then; most recent "Jesus, Jihad and Peace."

He noted some interesting facts:

About Egypt: that Morsi actually did NOT win the election. He actually lost by 200,000 votes. He says that fact was actually published in Arabic, and the western press never noticed. This should be something that could be verified. He said he brought it up at the time, but no one paid any attention.

At that time, the military was running Egypt (Murburak had been removed). The Egyptian military was very dependent on US aid. The narrative he gave said that our POTUS intervened; compelled the military to remove their leader at the time (he named the man, but I can't recall the name) and declare Morsi (Muslim Brotherhood) the winner of the election ... with threat of holding up that aid to the military.

This means that when our POTUS got all hot about Morsi, as the duly elected leader, being removed by the military, that, too, would have been a lie. Morsi had lost that election.

He also recalled that when POTUS gave his famous Cairo speech, he required Muburak to seat members of the Muslim Brotherhood up front. Even then the MB was not popular in Egypt. Egyptians did not forget that.

Not sure if this part could be verified: He stated that there were four card-carrying members of Muslim Brotherhood on WH staff.

About the Mahdi: He also stated that some Muslims promote the prophecy that when the Mahdi arrives, Jesus (considered a prophet/teacher by Islam) will return to validate the Mahdi ... and Jesus will declare himself a Muslim and turn against the Christians and Jews. Interesting teaching to continue the meme that Christians and Jews are infidels.
    What I find interesting is what you refer to as "facts"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    I suggest everybody who has an interest in religion start by reading the Old Testament Bible, New Testament Bible and Koran. Scholars argue that one should read it in the original form of transcription , ie. Hebrew, Aramaic , Greek and Classical Arabic to understand the subtlies of interpretation. Of course, you can always go to your local pastor , rabbi, mullah/iman , priest or pope for their instruction.
    My point being there are as many views on life/religion as there are living people not counting all those who are dead that left us their views.That is why we have had religious wars and will continue in the name of "G..d." Remember our home grown Waco , Texas boy or maybe Belize with that San Francisco crowd? They believed as well.
    Good advice. There are many who will twist the scriptures to suit their own plans ( like the wacko in Waco who by the way was kicked out of the church that he grew up in so to speak ). If you read and study for yourself it sure helps. I like reading the different translations. I don't have them all however.
    charly

"To become competent in governing others, we must first learn to govern ourselves"
    Waite Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    What I find interesting is what you refer to as "facts"
    I think I fairly stated that some of what he said could be independently verified ... and some could not.

I believe I do remember that POTUS specifically asked to have MB sit up front at his Cairo speech. Had forgotten about that until this fellow mentioned it.

What I would find disturbing is that we were involved in concealing the true winner of the election. If the actual voting results were published in Arabic, that could be researched. We had already been instrumental in removing Muburak. That was very public. The region was fortunate that the Egyptian military provided stability to the country while so much of the ME is dissolving into such chaos.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.