Setback for Obama, say what? - Page 5
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Setback for Obama, say what?

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    5,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Could have to do with the fact that Bush43 is our second worse President (LBJ the worst) in our last 50 years!

    http://www.statisticbrain.com/u-s-un...nt-population/

    In 2000 we had an estimated 8,5000,000 illegals
    In 2007 we had an estimated 11,800,000 illegals
    In 2013 we had an estimated 11,700,000 illegals

    Source: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    Don't look now but we didn't have a DHS in 2000

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #42
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Don't look now but we didn't have a DHS in 2000
    Another very weak arguement!!

    On March 1, 2003, DHS absorbed the Immigration and Naturalization Service and assumed its duties. When it was absorbed, they also absorbed all the information.
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."










  4. #43
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Here you be Franco. It is even interactive. Thus, you can add or delete groups and be able to lie with your own numbers by creating a link to the page. (FYI deleting whitey, for some equations, will really make your talking points look better.)

    Use legitimate links for populations numbers. DHS ?

    http://www.census.gov/population/intmigration/
    There are a couple of PDFs listed on that link. Would you care to suggest one or two to look at?

    Also, can anyone provide any credible links that disputes the fact that the 2000 to 2007 period was by far the worst time period when we were dealing with the most illegals?
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."










  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    2,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    There are a couple of PDFs listed on that link. Would you care to suggest one or two to look at?

    Also, can anyone provide any credible links that disputes the fact that the 2000 to 2007 period was by far the worst time period when we were dealing with the most illegals?
    The links actually go into a few hundred PDF and interactive forms. Where you get 11m is what I would like to know? It is more like 17 plus. You are not going to find hardcore numbers from 01-07 because data only runs in 10 year formats with 2 year estimates. So the current data is 01-10 but the estimate is 01-12.

    Here is one PDF but you can find others which you may like. You can always find a straw man argument with any link so there no reason to waste time. BTW you don't need to take a purple pill. Just hit Ctrl + and the data will get larger.

    http://www.census.gov/population/for...012/2012T2.pdf
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 07-29-2015 at 03:23 PM.

  7. #45
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,024

    Default

    All of the statistics can only count the ones we catch ... either here or attempting to get here.

    If more are getting caught at the border, is it because more are attempting to enter today than before? If there are more attempting to enter, does that also mean there are many more entering in addition to the ones we actually catch?

    If there are more deportations, is it because there have been more entering than we actually caught sooner, rather than later?

    If we keep finding criminals that have been deported more than once ... like 5X for Sanchez ... what does that say about our border security stats? If Sanchez got back in 6X, then we are obviously missing quite a few in our border "security".

    With the summer surge in 2014, those people were actually seeking to be caught and detained ... in the hope they would be allowed to stay, of which many were correct in their hope. While our resources were focused on handling that influx, how many more entered that did not want to be caught (and we actually didn't catch)?

    This problem has been ignored by both parties. Do we really have to pick nits out of fly$hit to determine how much more wrong one party is than the other?

    Considering that there are around 300,000 illegals still here that are convicted criminals (roughly 1/2 detained, and 1/2 not), shouldn't we have more concern over that? Considering that the present administration in charge has actually assisted in the release of these criminals, I'd say that we'd have to lay the responsibility directly at the door of whomever did the releasing. The 36,000 released in 2014 by DHS weren't even screened for their offenses. We were told they were released because of the fear of impending sequestration's impact on funds.

    We always seem to resort to "they did it first". McConnell is being a jerk in the Senate. I see no reason at all to excuse him because Reid did it first. If every POTUS since Reagan's amnesty has done a lousy job on securing borders and enforcing laws on employers, that isn't sufficient excuse for those presently in charge.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  8. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    With the Hilldabeast flaming on reentry with odds of her getting elected POTUS pretty much gone I wouldn't put it past O jacka$$ to scheme away a national emergency or other trigger that would delay electing a new POTUS. He knows his legacy is not cemented without a democrat successor. Why all the hush hush military excercises in Texas geared toward civil unrest?

    That pesky little piece of paper called the Constitution doesn't seem to deter him on other things.
    If you hadn't already been killed by the Ebola pandemic, I'd offer to buy you a new tinfoil hat.

  9. #47
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    If you hadn't already been killed by the Ebola pandemic, I'd offer to buy you a new tinfoil hat.
    I'd agree that this third term stuff that's been going around for a while is a stretch ...

    OTOH Obama just said that he figured he could win a third term law allowed him to run again. (Just about the same time that the #BlackLivesMatter group starts screaming about "Burn it all down.") Sounds a bit like how he once said that he couldn't do certain things with immigration ... that he subsequently did anyway.

    Did any of us see it coming that he would submit the Iran deal to the UN before Congress had been given its time to review it? Then use the UN approval as a reason why Congress could simply not recant on the deal as nobody would trust us? This fellow has done a few things already that circumvent the govt systems. There is a good reason why the Senate was given advise & consent powers for agreements (treaties) which impact the national security of the country.

    I wasn't hysterical over the ebola thing ... though it surely made little sense to not halt, at least temporarily, traffic to that area except for medical/military personnel. It became evident that the US was not prepared for the contingencies at the outset with the first victim ... or even the second victim. Hopefully, the CDC now knows what appropriate preparation requires, and there is a blueprint for what needs to be done for the future.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  10. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    5,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    If you hadn't already been killed by the Ebola pandemic, I'd offer to buy you a new tinfoil hat.

    Sorry to disappoint MJ but I'm still alive and well, and I'll be keeping my tin foil hat thank you very much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •