The other view of EX-IM Bank - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: The other view of EX-IM Bank

  1. #31
    Senior Member swliszka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,085

    Default

    Life is an "unfair" competition. Countries exist and encourage uneven or "unfair" competition between themselves. Self-interest no matter how described or derived reigns supreme. Nature "unfairly" kills or dominates those weaker than them. States compete using "unfair" tactics. Cities and towns compete "unfairly" with each other. Unfair , means the uneven existence or application of skill, knowledge, resources, management and physical superiority that some have over others to impose their "self-interest" over others. No one or thing lives in a vacuum.

    Germany and Japan "lost" WWII. Germany thru VW has become the the #1 world seller of vehicles (Jan-June 2015) for the 1st time- 5.04 million vehicles ...Toyota dropped to #2 with "only" 5.02 million. Both countries subsidize their manufacturing base , they are "socialists!" Anybody want to buy a Fiat-Chrysler made Dodge Ram truck today?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

  3. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Wrong! Net Neutrality prevents the ISPs from becoming new-age robber barons.

    Just follow who was against it and where the ISPs campaign money went to.

    So if I give you this premise, is not you that is the hypocrite by supporting net neutrality but not supporting trade neutrality via the EX-IM? Why are you so anti-US business? You want gov't to regulate the internet within our borders but leave businesses that trade internationally hung out to dry?

  4. #33
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    So if I give you this premise, is not you that is the hypocrite by supporting net neutrality but not supporting trade neutrality via the EX-IM? Why are you so anti-US business? You want gov't to regulate the internet within our borders but leave businesses that trade internationally hung out to dry?
    Those business that take 90% of the bank's money are big enough to underwrite their own damn paper! Passing the risk onto the tax payers is what they would rather do. That's why they have so many Congressmen in their pockets.
    Corrupt regimes like Trump's donít fight crime, they legalize it. They donít chase the crooks, they hire them. They donít stop lying, they tell you the truth is whatever they say it is. Honor used to mean something, as did truth and integrity. In the Trump culture, those character traits mean nothing. It is sad to see what is becoming of our country.














  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

  6. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Ok so disregarding the fact that your argument is a complete strawman. Where do you think the U.S. would have a Comparative Advantage if all subsidies and tariffs were removed from every industry?

    Flat out, you don't understand Comparative Advantage past the 2 sentence explanation of it. I've shown you where it states it falls apart in the presence of gov't intervention.
    NO YOU DID NOT. First off, the Law of Comparative Advantage says NOTHING about there being a free market. Nor does it even consider whether a particular good is subsidized or not. It ONLY cares about the relative advantage one country has over the other in the cost of the good sold. Using the Market, it tells the optimum use of the country's labor and capital resources, in order to produce the highest GDP and highest standard of living.

    I asked you a SIMPLE QUESTION. You as many here do, choose not to answer the question which requires a SIMPLE YES OR NO!.

  7. #35
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,282

    Default

    For IBD; this graphic exposes the difference between Corporatism(ie XM-IM Bank, ISPs controlling the internet, where corporations buy Congressmen and their influence and Capitalism where Free Markets reign. Granted we haven't had Capitalism in the USA for many, many decades.

    Last edited by Franco; 07-28-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    Corrupt regimes like Trump's donít fight crime, they legalize it. They donít chase the crooks, they hire them. They donít stop lying, they tell you the truth is whatever they say it is. Honor used to mean something, as did truth and integrity. In the Trump culture, those character traits mean nothing. It is sad to see what is becoming of our country.














  8. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    For IBD; this graphic exposes the difference between Corporatism(ie XM-IM Bank, ISPs controlling the internet, where corporations buy Congressmen and their influence and Capitalism where Free Markets reign. Granted we haven't had Capitalism in the USA for many, many decades.

    Yet you oppose capitalism and support socialism in the form of net neutrality.

  9. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    NO YOU DID NOT. First off, the Law of Comparative Advantage says NOTHING about there being a free market. Nor does it even consider whether a particular good is subsidized or not. It ONLY cares about the relative advantage one country has over the other in the cost of the good sold. Using the Market, it tells the optimum use of the country's labor and capital resources, in order to produce the highest GDP and highest standard of living.

    I asked you a SIMPLE QUESTION. You as many here do, choose not to answer the question which requires a SIMPLE YES OR NO!.
    No our GDP would not be better. Its an obtuse over-simplified and unrealistic example.

    How do you think it is legitimate to apply an Economic Theory to International trade and completely ignore tariffs and subsidies? That is ridiculous on its face.



    Here is the simple question I asked. Its basic to your premise you should be able to knock it out of the park.

    Where do you think the U.S. would have a Comparative Advantage if all U.S. subsidies and tariffs were removed from every industry?

  10. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    No our GDP would not be better. Its an obtuse over-simplified and unrealistic example.

    How do you think it is legitimate to apply an Economic Theory to International trade and completely ignore tariffs and subsidies? That is ridiculous on its face.



    Here is the simple question I asked. Its basic to your premise you should be able to knock it out of the park.

    Where do you think the U.S. would have a Comparative Advantage if all U.S. subsidies and tariffs were removed from every industry?
    1st I will answer your question. If all tariffs and subsidies are removed, then those sectors that have a comparative advantage in the marketplace will benefit. Those that don't will suffer. While I don't know specifically which are which, I suspect that those that benefit from subsidies and tariffs, will suffer. Those that do not benefit from subsidies and tariffs, will benefit.

    2nd, your answer if simply wrong. Further you might consider a SIMPLE assignment of reading the definitions of the words "Law" and "Theory", as they apply to science. They are not interchangeable.
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 07-28-2015 at 08:21 PM.

  11. #39
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Yet you oppose capitalism and support socialism in the form of net neutrality.
    Nice try IBD but the reality is I am a big supporter of Free Markets and the only time I support Gov Regs is when they attempt to fix a problem that they previously made. Like creating monopolies and duopolies in the ISP world!

    Yet, you support the EX-Im Bank which is nothing but pure crony Capitalism or should I say, Corporatism. Corporatism is the anti-Capitalist system of robbing the tax payer through lobbyist and their bought and paid for politicians!
    Corrupt regimes like Trump's donít fight crime, they legalize it. They donít chase the crooks, they hire them. They donít stop lying, they tell you the truth is whatever they say it is. Honor used to mean something, as did truth and integrity. In the Trump culture, those character traits mean nothing. It is sad to see what is becoming of our country.














  12. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    8,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Nice try IBD but the reality is I am a big supporter of Free Markets and the only time I support Gov Regs is when they attempt to fix a problem that they previously made. Like creating monopolies and duopolies in the ISP world!

    Yet, you support the EX-Im Bank which is nothing but pure crony Capitalism or should I say, Corporatism. Corporatism is the anti-Capitalist system of robbing the tax payer through lobbyist and their bought and paid for politicians!
    This from a guy that supported Mary Landrieu because of the pork she brought to LA. & thinks the federal government's support
    of the barge industry is acceptable .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

    The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts