The other view of EX-IM Bank - Page 6
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The other view of EX-IM Bank

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    It would have ended regardless. Once IBD discovers that he is intellectually over matched he runs, diverts, and or resorts to irrelevant personal attacks
    Well when that happens we'll find out I guess. I do bow down to you on the drug dealer subject but you seem to run from that every time it comes up. Go back to the basement troll.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

It would have ended regardless. Once IBD discovers that he is intellectually over matched he runs, diverts, and or resorts to irrelevant personal attacks
    Took me a while that he didn't know the difference between a Law and a Theory and did not want to know the difference.. The very definitions have to do with math. Oh I forgot, MATH IS NOT A SCIENCE!

Well when you Adam Smith's of the world solve our problems we, mortals, have to deal with Boeing's current "math dollar" threat to go more offshore unless they get more Ex-Im monies.

Review post #45

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Well while we were busy saving other worldly problems Boeing's outgoing President at the Economic Club of Washington (29 July , 2015) announced that if Ex-Im is not renewed that Boeing will continue to move many of its operations offshore. Further Washington Democratic politicos warned of the impending crisis and urged its renewal. Apparently , Washington State also gave Boeing $9 billion in tax aids. Further that GE is ready to move out as well.

Comment- why don't we just let VW and Toyota take over the USA because obviously they are smarter than us ,and otherwise China will win. Who wants to learn Manderin?

"Boeing chairman: We're considering moving parts of company to other countries," Chris Sullivan , July 30 , 2015 KIRO Radio Reporter

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2790359/Bo...-moving-parts-

OR

"Businesses fume as Congress lets Export-Import Bank stay dead," Victoria Guida, July 30 , 2015 , Politico

htpp://www.politico.com.story/2015/07/businesses-fume-as-congress-lets-

Walt- "There can only be one!"
    Everyone remotely connected with Boeing is glad to see him gone - like many who have never been there he had great disrespect for
    both the engineers of the company & the mechanics that actually build the airplanes. Not a good move on his part as we witnessed
    with the mess that was & is the 787. Boeing is contractually required to stay in house for both the 737 & 777 advanced models.

Having more than a little bit of experience with offshore workmanship, I will guarantee there is not a learning curve built that will allow
    quality airplanes to be built offshore. That is both from a logistical & workmanship point of view.

As for the financial thing, there are NYSE listed companies that seem to make it work without help.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Took me a while that he didn't know the difference between a Law and a Theory and did not want to know the difference.. The very definitions have to do with math. Oh I forgot, MATH IS NOT A SCIENCE!
    Math isn't a science, comparative advantage is an economic law not a math law. Math laws don't involve human behaviour.

I didn't think you could get anything else wrong about it but you proved me wrong.

Here some more thought from real economists on it and why it doesn't hold true in any real economy.

The theory of comparative advantage, and the corollary that nations should specialize, is criticized on pragmatic grounds within the import substitution industrialization theory of development economics, on empirical grounds by the Singer–Prebisch thesis which states that terms of trade between primary producers and manufactured goods deteriorate over time, and on theoretical grounds of infant industry and Keynesian economics. In older economic terms, comparative advantage has been opposed by mercantilism and economic nationalism. These argue instead that while a country may initially be comparatively disadvantaged in a given industry (such as Japanese cars in the 1950s), countries should shelter and invest in industries until they become globally competitive. Further, they argue that comparative advantage, as stated, is a static theory – it does not account for the possibility of advantage changing through investment or economic development, and thus does not provide guidance for long-term economic development.

Much has been written since Ricardo as commerce has evolved and cross-border trade has become more complicated. Today trade policy tends to focus more on "competitive advantage" as opposed to "comparative advantage". One of the most indepth research undertakings on "competitive advantage" was conducted in the 1980s as part of the Reagan administration's Project Socrates to establish the foundation for a technology-based competitive strategy development system that could be used for guiding international trade policy.
    Last edited by IowaBayDog; 07-31-2015 at 08:44 PM.

The House took their summer recess ... without taking up the Senate's highway bill ... thus putting the Senate in the position of having to pass just the 3-mo. bill that the House had approved.

Did Boehner feel the heat?

So, 3 mos. from now the highway bill will have to be extended. Does that mean that Ex-Im Bank might die on the vine?

For those of you who rail against the crony capitalism and corporate welfare that BOTH parties have indulged in, will anyone remember that it was the Rs that fought this battle?

Maybe there is still a ray of hope that some people of character in Congress can make a difference.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Well when you Adam Smith's of the world solve our problems we, mortals, have to deal with Boeing's current "math dollar" threat to go more offshore unless they get more Ex-Im monies.

Review post #45
    Boeing and the others will build factories in China because China requires it to play in their sandbox and sell in their market. This will give them the opportunity to give incentives to have them build more than just the goods destined for China there. Goodbye US jobs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Well when that happens we'll find out I guess. I do bow down to you on the drug dealer subject but you seem to run from that every time it comes up. Go back to the basement troll.
    Every time you get in a battle of wits you have comes up short.
    You can't even keep your lies straight

Do you know what an oxymoron is? Jumbo Shrimp??
    Some say "Military intelligence" is an oxymoron. If so it is morons like you that made it so!!

Have a nice day and go train your dog Danny boy.

Iowa Bay Dog I agree with your post #57. I think ever since Nixon the long term plan was to integrate China into the world economic order versus fighting them some more on the battlefield. Corporate America still thought they could run the world, and all our politico sheepies fell in line with off shore banking, hiding corporate profits, and allowing the American public think we could become a service industry nation because we were not cost-effective laborers. The corporates love to raise the flag for market penetration and protection , but abandon the working stiffs when it comes to jobs/illegal immigration. Get the people all worked up about "social issues" but don't follow the money trail.

A mile from me, where 1st Steven Arms ,next Westinghouse employed over six thousand making stuff- we now are going to have a Chinese builder of local commuter rail trains for Boston's MBTA because
    Bombadier(CAN) and another Chinese company (lost bids)are the only ones capable of making these trains today. I still have not figured out the backdoor nature of this deal, since Massachusetts DID NOT accept Federal Funds, used all "state" funds to guarantee that the trains would be built in Springfield, Massachusetts. Ironic we can build F-35s , Sikorsky helos, Pratt @ Whitney engines within 30 miles of here but can't figure out how to build American commuter trains.

Every time you get in a battle of wits you have comes up short.
    You can't even keep your lies straight

Do you know what an oxymoron is? Jumbo Shrimp??
    Some say "Military intelligence" is an oxymoron. If so it is morons like you that made it so!!

Have a nice day and go train your dog Danny boy.
    I don't lie, you're confusing me with your fraudulent associate from Texas. My dog is trained just fine, I work for a living not live off my wife's hard work cause I failed at my career like you.