What does Hillary think about....
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does Hillary think about....

Default What does Hillary think about....

From US NEWS & WORLD REPORT political summary. Can she just vote "present"?

Clinton Won’t Reveal Stance On Keystone XL Pipeline

The AP reports that during a Tuesday town hall event, Hillary Clinton “dodged questions” relating to her stance on “the Keystone XL pipeline, telling a New Hampshire voter that if the future of the project” is still “undecided when I become president, I will answer your question.” Sen. Bernie Sanders quickly seized on the former secretary of state’s response, telling the AP, “It is hard for me to imagine how you can be serious about climate change and not oppose the Keystone pipeline.” The AP notes that Clinton on Tuesday “also declined” to say whether she supports “the Trans-Pacific Partnership, noting her early work to lay the groundwork for the trade deal that labor unions and liberals oppose.”

The Washington Post reports, “A senior campaign official later said Clinton’s refusal to” reveal her stance “is a deliberate choice that carries a political cost.” The unnamed official was quoted as saying, “We know we take on water when she refuses to answer a question like that. But it would be worse for her to weigh in on either side when” the Obama Administration is still evaluating the project. The Post adds, “The administration may be very close to deciding whether to go forward with the pipeline and to say anything could put President Obama in a difficult position, the official said.”

The Los Angeles Times reports that Clinton said the “controversial” project “should not be the sole litmus test by which environmental advocates judge presidential candidates. ... ‘I recognize advocates feel strongly, I respect that,’ Clinton said, but ‘I would respectfully disagree’ with those who say that the Keystone project is the ‘overriding threat’ to the world’s climate.”

Steyer Declines To Criticize Clinton On Issue
    However, Politico reports, billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer “declined repeatedly Tuesday to criticize Clinton” for not taking “a stand on Keystone.” Speaking with Politico, Steyer said “that he won’t demand that Clinton” reveal her stance on Keystone, “which greens have seized on as a litmus test for politicians’ willingness to take on climate change.” Said Steyer, “We haven’t insisted that people make a decision on [Keystone] because it hasn’t been necessary. Maybe we’ll change our minds. We drew a line in the sand on supporting it, but we haven’t drawn a line in the sand and said that absolutely everybody has to take a position on this.”

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Doesn't matter what she thinks about it. If she says anything, she is probably lying or will change her position to suit her needs at the time.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

It is beneath Queen Hillary to answer ANY questions from the common folk

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

It was a can't win question for her. Canadian tar sands are not viable with oil as low in price as it is and projected to be in the future. If she says she is for it she pisses off the greenies and if she says she is against it she pisses off labor. Either way it will not be issue because it no longer makes sense to build it.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

Like I said, her position will suit her needs at the time
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Like I said, her position will suit her needs at the time
    If it were relevant then I am sure she would have had an opinion on it. I guess it is a good thing that the pipeline was never built though. It would have been a complete waste of money.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    If it were relevant then I am sure she would have had an opinion on it. I guess it is a good thing that the pipeline was never built though. It would have been a complete waste of money.
    Somebody is going to use that oil, Henlee. So, not building the pipeline is not going to save the planet. Have been a couple of more spills from rail shipments, but they aren't reported much since that disrupts the narrative.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Those fields will shut down until the price of oil rises again. It is not environmental it is business. It is expensive to refine that stuff and you can't do it for a profit with oil hovering just over $50 a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    You think Oil will never go up again so we shouldn't have infrastructure in place to accommodate it?

Yep, technology never advances, always "static".

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...s-green-light/
    "Do more than is required of you"
    General George S. Patton