What does Hillary think about.... - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What does Hillary think about....

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Most recently I've seen that leaks indicate Obama will nix it for good. Hillary won't comment on it until Obama makes his decision ... and see which way the wind blows.

As I understand it, we have excess refinery capacity that has been put in mothballs. How could increasing the amount of oil arriving not open at least one more refinery?

I believe the pipeline can also carry natural gas, and there are permits in progress for natural gas terminals somewhere along the Gulf. I remember commenting on those permits some time ago. Those are going to be HUGE in impact for selling natural gas to overseas markets.

The oil we feel is too dirty will be used just fine by the Chinese and/or India. Right now the Chinese are courting the Canadians for that oil. If it's bad for us to use this dirty oil, it will be even more damaging to the planet being used by the Chinese ... who have no commitment for carbon decreases until 2020, and no one really knows what commitment they will make after 2020.

If the oil doesn't go through a pipeline, it will continue to travel on trains. The train transport carries more risk than pipeline transport. Might also guess that train transport uses more energy than pipeline transport? Not sure how many jobs the train transport supports, so would jobs created to maintain the pipeline be a wash for jobs eliminated in the train sector? But there should be some jobs created by opening one, or more, refineries not now in use.
    The oil sands needs special refining to use it. Last I heard there are two refineries that can process it right now.

China and India can buy it and they can even build new refineries to use it. They will be spending a lot more than they would be if they bought from OPEC. It still might be a good idea for them as long term strategic reserves.

Saudis said that they are going to keep demand low as to not lose market share to American and Canadian fields that have higher operating costs. As soon as Iran can it is going to start selling to rebuild its country. There is going to be a glut of cheap oil. I absolutely believe the Saudis when they say that they will do that.

We are going to lose some train jobs, though I think they will be absorbed by the industry that needs more people now. I think we will be losing a lot of oil worker jobs in the next year or two also as our oil fields are shut down.
    "It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

As I understand it, we have excess refinery capacity that has been put in mothballs. How could increasing the amount of oil arriving not open at least one more refinery?

Arguing with yourself Gerry?

Don't vote Hillary no matter what!