Animas river and the Gold King Mine!
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Animas river and the Gold King Mine!

Default Animas river and the Gold King Mine!

This was the topic on a local well know radio talk show this morning. Very interesting discussion on how this guy knew this disaster was going to happen. he actually predicted it,claiming it was a move for the EPA to justify the agency,and for them to gain Superfund site funds. He also claimed it Political in nature,,that the Obama administration to put and end forever Mining in SW Colorado.

Pay attention to the date of his letter to the editor of a New Mexico paper.

The guy nailed it...
    http://linkis.com/RhD84
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Another example of why big government needs to go away. They are at the point where they will do anything to justify their existence. I bet the MSM would not give this letter to the editor the time of day.
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    This was the topic on a local well know radio talk show this morning. Very interesting discussion on how this guy knew this disaster was going to happen. he actually predicted it,claiming it was a move for the EPA to justify the agency,and for them to gain Superfund site funds. He also claimed it Political in nature,,that the Obama administration to put and end forever Mining in SW Colorado.

Pay attention to the date of his letter to the editor of a New Mexico paper.

The guy nailed it...
    http://linkis.com/RhD84
    Gooser, most mines are tragedies in waiting. The stuff they use to treat & leach ore is not something you want to take a bath in.
    Under the guise of job creation, as mining usually happens in areas of low employment, these kinds of things happen. In most
    cases, as a former Miner, I believe the remediation should happen before it is necessary. It's just poor & typical design. Just E of
    Whitehall, MT, there is a leach AU mine on the hillside above the Jefferson River. The ore is piled on top of plastic for containment
    & then leached. Just how powerful is the stuff that pulls the AU from the bedrock? & how many years before the plastic deteriorates?

Someday, our descendants will get to pay through the nose for this Canadian company to make their profit .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

EPA chief McCarthy says:
    Speaking at the Animas River in Farmington, New Mexico, on Thursday, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy told reporters that the water quality has returned to “pre-incident conditions” after toxic sludge from an abandoned gold mine upstream in southern Colorado flowed into it.
    “The very good news is that we see that this river is restoring itself,” McCarthy said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/14/ep...#ixzz3j0fVk7QV

The article suggests that we follow the money ... to the contractor that has received $381 million govt contracts.

I might also question McCarthy as to how she knows the crisis is just done and over with? Do we really know the long-term effects of this mess on the fish and other wildlife until some time elapses? This is the same lady that tells us that we must panic over CO2 emissions when we can't see immediate damage; but toxic poisons just disappear without consequences?
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...?intcmp=hplnws

For God's sake, the EPA, itself, has done previous toxic dumping on purpose!

the EPA escaped public wrath in 2005 when it secretly dumped up to 15,000 tons of poisonous waste into another mine 124 miles away. That dump -- containing arsenic, lead and other materials -- materialized in runoff in the town of Leadville, said Todd Hennis, who owns both mines along with numerous others.

"If a private company had done this, they would've been fined out of existence," Hennis said. "I have been battling the EPA for 10 years and they have done nothing but create pollution. About 20 percent (of Silverton residents) think it's on purpose so they can declare the whole area a Superfund site."

Like Silverton to the south, Leadville was founded in the late 1800s as a mining town and is the only municipality in its county. Today, tourism is its livelihood.

It's against this backdrop that the Environmental Protection Agency began lobbying to declare part of Leadville a Superfund site in order to develop a recreational area called the Mineral Belt Trail. The project was officially completed in 2000, but apparently the agency stayed on and continued to work in town.

In late 2005, the EPA collected tons of sludge from two Leadville mines and secretly dumped it down the shaft of the New Mikado mine without notifying Hennis, its owner, according to documents reviewed by Watchdog.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Here's another interesting observation from Idaho:
    [email protected]

As far as the river goes,, It looks as though EPA is all smiles and saying river is already repairing its self!!

I remember a long time ago,like early 60's, after a rain, clear creak through Idaho Springs would turn yellow mustard due to run off of mine tailings. After a short period of time, the river would clear,but,, because of this, the river could not hold a health population of trout. They would be stunted with emaciated bodies,and out of proportion heads.

There wasn't any aquatic bug life for feed,because of the pollution from the mines...

Today, you can fish most all of clear creek,from the continental divide all the way to Golden,, and find healthy fish.. The pollution levels have been lowered..

However, just because the river LOOKS clean,, it can still have damage to its ecosystem that may take years to repair. Only time will tell how much damage has been done.

If you look close along the banks of clear Creek, you can still see evidence of past pollution of mines by the yellow stain on the boulders during low flows.

I'm sure the public will be treated to pictures of clear water flowing in the Animas pretty soon,, but,, we will just have to wait and see what the real damage was...

In any event,, if this was a deliberate act to get funding money for a pathetic government entity,,heads should roll! Like what has been said above,, accusations like this are not that uncommon!! especially from the people that live and gossip there.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Here's another interesting observation from Idaho:
    Many thanks for that post. It pretty well explains the way the government people work. Just stupid stuff by people who think they are smart because they have degrees of some kind. No common sense of course.
    charly

"To become competent in governing others, we must first learn to govern ourselves"
    Waite Phillips

5 months ago, another EPA contractor also caused a toxic spill in GA ...
    Still reeling from a disaster it created at a Colorado gold mine, the EPA has so far avoided criticism for a similar toxic waste spill in Georgia.

In Greensboro, EPA-funded contractors grading a toxic 19th-century cotton mill site struck a water main, sending the deadly sediment into a nearby creek. Though that accident took place five months ago, the hazard continues as heavy storms -- one hit the area Tuesday -- wash more soil into the creek.

The sediment flows carry dangerous mercury, lead, arsenic and chromium downstream to the Oconee River -- home to many federally and state protected species -- and toward the tourist destination of Lake Oconee.

Lead in the soil is 20,000 times higher than federal levels established for drinking water, said microbiologist Dave Lewis, who was a top-level scientist during 31 years at the Environmental Protection Agency.

He became a whistleblower critical of EPA practices and now works for Focus for Health, a nonprofit that researches disease triggers.
    [email protected]