The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump on Immigration

Default Trump on Immigration

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-back-to-work/

This is too long to cut and paste, so you'll have to use the URL. Guess Trump's conversation with Sessions yielded some ideas.

This certainly could be a blueprint for any candidate who takes the immigration issue seriously. Might tick some people off since this policy statement also takes a serious look at some significant limitations on legal immigration.

I'd have to say that I find it hard to be against legal immigrants getting permanent visas for spouses (just one!), children, siblings and parents. For a legal immigrant who followed all the rules, it seems reasonable to expect that we could expect the same of his/her immediate family.

He also would reinstitute the old-fashioned requirement of having a means of survival without govt assistance. Harkens back to the old system of having a "sponsor" when you immigrated.

There are those who take issue with him referring to a "wall". Generally, just a plain wall may not be the answer. But there could be many variations on how a "wall" can be defined. I posted a long while ago the "fence" the Saudis were planning on their border with Iraq. It does not rule out electronic elements.

Nonetheless, it makes Trump sound like a more legitimate candidate. Also noteworthy is that he selected his first policy statement WRT something that a majority of Americans feel is an important issue.

I'm still not a Trump voter, but don't think we should ignore the ideas that he brings to the conversation.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Nonetheless, it makes Trump sound like a more legitimate candidate. Also noteworthy is that he selected his first policy statement WRT something that a majority of Americans feel is an important issue.

I'm still not a Trump voter, but don't think we should ignore the ideas that he brings to the conversation.
    Me, neither. But he's growing on me..

I have not voted since 2005. There has been no one I could vote for. All money hungry robbers, that just tell you what you want to hear. I think I will go down and register.

Keith

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    I have not voted since 2005. There has been no one I could vote for. All money hungry robbers, that just tell you what you want to hear. I think I will go down and register.

Keith
    You need to actually register in California? Go figure......

Trump has shaken up both the Republicans and Democrats and all the power brokers/talking heads about many issues but especially now, illegal immigration!

WSJ 18 Aug 2015 has an extensive editorial attacking Trump's immigration views and policy paper. They do not agree with any of his options. On the other hand Scott Walker and even "Bobby" Jindal agree w/Trump regarding denying illegals having offspring gaining citizenship thru American birth. This position of course runs counter to the 14th Amendment which was a way to ensure that freed post-Civil War slaves were legal US citizens. Carly clucks and says that it would require Constitutional Action and.....but did say FederaL monies should be denied "Sanctuary Cities" and tighter employer verification of SS. I have heard no discussion of employer penalties (fines/imprisonment) for hiring illegals?

Trump did take a whack at Ford Motor Company saying that if they insist in having Mexican plants manufacture Ford parts/vehicles he would institute a 35% importation tax on these products to preserve US jobs.

Seth Meyers: “Donald Trump’s new policy paper would not give automatic citizenship to children born in America, if they have foreign parents. Said Trump, ‘Nothing personal, Sasha and Malia.’”

Trumps policy to deny citizenship to children of illegals born in the united states is against the constitution. Now I see no reason they can not be sent back with their parents even if they are citizens, plenty of citizens live outside the US.

The best policy is to keep illegals out period.

I don't think I would ever vote for trump, but after the theatrics I am listening to what he has to say. He has some good ideas and others that are pretty bad. Even if he had all good ideas I don't know if he would be someone I would trust with that type of power. I think he is the type of guy that if he can do it and get away with it he would do it. That is to dangerous. I do think he is shaping politics in a way that is more positive to me though. I am looking to see if he is giving establishment republicans a makeover to appeal to tea party types. I think that is what he is doing, but I am not sure yet.
    "It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I think he is the type of guy that if he can do it and get away with it he would do it. That is to dangerous.
    So what is different about Obama then?

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    So what is different about Obama then?

The difference is that Trump wants the best for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by steveMO View Post
    The difference is that Trump wants the best for the country.
    Good point