Disgraceful ...
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Disgraceful ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Disgraceful ...

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...?intcmp=hplnws

    If this is how we are behaving in these ME countries, it's no wonder the whole thing falls apart after US troops are withdrawn.

    While I believe there should be respect for cultural differences, there is also a point beyond which we cannot abandon our own moral compass.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

  3. #2
    Senior Member Richard Reese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hubert NC
    Posts
    3,173

    Default

    We sacrifice our best for the worst in the world. This is BS. Just another example of the candy ass system the military high command is becoming. It starts with hand tying rules of engagement, don't interfere with the local police regardless of what they do, sacrifice your personal morale ethics for what a politician decides is the greater good. This is another example of why our country is going to hell faster than anyone could have ever predicted.
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Obama's army..

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

  6. #4
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,231

    Default

    They did the right thing the wrong way unfortunately. To be honest if your going to get into an assault then why not put a bullet in the guy, god knows he had it coming. His discharge does stem from the incident in that as they do involuntary separations as they draw down troop levels people with black marks tend to get picked first. I personally think this guy should be an exception and if nothing else ought to have the piece of mind in that he did the right thing.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

  7. #5
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    They did the right thing the wrong way unfortunately. To be honest if your going to get into an assault then why not put a bullet in the guy, god knows he had it coming. His discharge does stem from the incident in that as they do involuntary separations as they draw down troop levels people with black marks tend to get picked first. I personally think this guy should be an exception and if nothing else ought to have the piece of mind in that he did the right thing.
    When we have discussed the "enhanced interrogation" methods, the opinion is often raised that we should not lower our values to the level of the enemy. Yet, when someone like this good soldier actually stands up for those high standards of humanity, he gets penalized. Then, by the time this stuff becomes public, it is too late to show support for the man of high moral conscience. There would have been no My Lai massacre if the military had more soldiers like this good man ... and he was punished for his good deed, when he deserved a commendation.

    Not to mention it further endangers the troops. When the common people see that the bad guy gets away scott free, and the good guys get punished ... why wouldn't they hate us? Even the most uneducated person can still recognize injustice when it stands in front of them. Not to mention what might have happened to that mother and son later for having ratted out the perp. We have enabled that creep to continue his behavior. He should have been removed from the training program. What good would he be as a police officer? Why would anyone in the population trust a police officer like that? It's no wonder the program will fail (and has failed in other places already).
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,821

    Default

    You must realize that men routinely have sex with young boys and beat their wives. This equates to our culture as apple pie ,hot dogs and mom . They don't believe they are pedophiles,,they believe they are teaching young boys to become men,, and they believe woman are only meant for reproductive purposes NOT sex which is why vaginal mutilation is so popular. Their sick MFer's . We need to get out of there and let those culturally perverted basturds kill each other instead of our men. They have nothing to offer us except opium. Which exports have grown significantly since our involvement. HMMm
    Pete
    The eye can not see what the mind does not know

  9. #7
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    When we have discussed the "enhanced interrogation" methods, the opinion is often raised that we should not lower our values to the level of the enemy. Yet, when someone like this good soldier actually stands up for those high standards of humanity, he gets penalized. Then, by the time this stuff becomes public, it is too late to show support for the man of high moral conscience. There would have been no My Lai massacre if the military had more soldiers like this good man ... and he was punished for his good deed, when he deserved a commendation.

    Not to mention it further endangers the troops. When the common people see that the bad guy gets away scott free, and the good guys get punished ... why wouldn't they hate us? Even the most uneducated person can still recognize injustice when it stands in front of them. Not to mention what might have happened to that mother and son later for having ratted out the perp. We have enabled that creep to continue his behavior. He should have been removed from the training program. What good would he be as a police officer? Why would anyone in the population trust a police officer like that? It's no wonder the program will fail (and has failed in other places already).
    Beating someone even if they desperately deserve it is still a crime in this country and it certainly isn't good military discipline. That is what he was in trouble for and that was fair. It is sad that he was targeted for downsizing for his record, but it seems the choice is between him and another soldier who doesn't have a blemish.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

  10. #8
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Beating someone even if they desperately deserve it is still a crime in this country and it certainly isn't good military discipline. That is what he was in trouble for and that was fair. It is sad that he was targeted for downsizing for his record, but it seems the choice is between him and another soldier who doesn't have a blemish.
    When the military does not value character, we are in big trouble.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  11. #9
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    When the military does not value character, we are in big trouble.
    They didn't really bring it to the chain of command now did they? (and no I don't think the military would have done anything. It was an internal Afghani problem, but that would have been the proper course of action.)

    This definitely falls under the no good deed goes unpunished category.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts