9/11/01 where were you? - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/11/01 where were you?

Shawnee Oklahoma- we were setting up tests for the Master National when Frank Prendergast rolled in with tears in his eyes. We shut everything down and went back to the hotel to watch the news. Next morning we watched in awe (and cheering loudly) as a solid stream of AWAC's and other support planes took off from Tinker AFB.
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Spent the entire day outside on the farm, I heard about it that night.

Amazing that it took so little to bring the Country to it knees, and that how easily it was for the Fourth Amendment to be squashed. That's would we get for putting a boy that had never accomplished anything, in a man's position.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post

Amazing that it took so little to bring the Country to it knees, and that how easily it was for the Fourth Amendment to be squashed. That's would we get for putting a boy that had never accomplished anything, in a man's position.
    You really are a work of art. That is not a compliment.
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Framing out an addition on a house in Atlanta. Left and went to the recruiter. Couldn't get in because I had a GED. had to come back in October at the beginning of the fiscal
    Year when I could get a GED waiver. Couldn't even choose infantry because of my GED, didn't want to take any chances in not actually getting to fight. Went back to high school at 23, finished 1.5 years of credits in 6 months, married my girlfriend, and Over the next 9 years spent 3 and a half in Afghanistan and Iraq. Trying not to let my government disappoint me as they spun twisted and polluted an honest and righteous effort.
    Gerry Balboni
    3rd platoon A co 1st battalion 75th Ranger regiment

Spend most days in a funk it seems now. Missing old friends who I'll never see again. Lighter note I spent this sep 11 working the LRC fall trial.
    Last edited by jhnnythndr; 09-13-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Thank you for your service.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnnythndr View Post
    Framing out an addition on a house in Atlanta. Left and went to the recruiter. Couldn't get in because I had a GED. had to come back in October at the beginning of the fiscal
    Year when I could get a GED waiver. Couldn't even choose infantry because of my GED, didn't want to take any chances in not actually getting to fight. Went back to high school at 23, finished 1.5 years of credits in 6 months, married my girlfriend, and Over the next 9 years spent 3 and a half in Afghanistan and Iraq. Trying not to let my government disappoint me as they spun twisted and polluted an honest and righteous effort.
    Gerry Balboni
    3rd platoon A co 1st battalion 75th Ranger regiment

Spend most days in a funk it seems now. Missing old friends who I'll never see again. Lighter note I spent this sep 11 working the LRC fall trial.
    That is a great story. You are a true patriot.

My sister in law works for Wounded Warrior. My brother is also a vet, he has been active with wounded warrior also. It has helped him a lot There is a lot of good things going on there that can help you get out of your funk. They are easy to contact or if you need I can get you some info.
    "It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

Was it really really sunny that day?
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Driving to Pope AFB from Headquarters of U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg where I worked. Our Admin Assistant called me and told me a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center and that is was on TV. I asked her what the weather was like there and she told me it was clear. I told her I would be back in 10 minutes and to gather our people and tell them that we were going to be really busy for a long time.

The only response to that statement that I can post without getting kicked off the forum is a quote from President Theodore Roosevelt many years ago, it fits........“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCreek View Post
    The only response to that statement that I can post without getting kicked off the forum is a quote from President Theodore Roosevelt many years ago, it fits........“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
    Very well said.
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.