Ruger 10-22
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10-22

Default Ruger 10-22

Thinking about buying a 10-22. Have looked at both the regular and take down version. Anyone have any comments?
    Tom Dorroh
    Boston, GA

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I bought a regular 10/22 40 years ago and still have it. Great shooting .22. I've used it for plinking and squirrel hunting, even took a ground hog with it several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    Thinking about buying a 10-22. Have looked at both the regular and take down version. Anyone have any comments?
    Accuracy is close to the same on both. I have a standard fitted with a Nikon scope set on see thru bases and a Wllliam's peep site. I shoot tight groups out to 100 yds with mine. @ 50 yds with the take down and open sites, I can do a pretty tight group as well.

Would say that it will really depend on your end use as to which one to choose.

NOTE: Ruger now has a pretty sweet trigger assembly that works on either.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I have the 10/22 with the LaserMax built on the fore-end...added a tactical flashlight on the rail. AWESOME for knocking out armadillos and other notorious creatures of the night.
    Last edited by Andy; 12-11-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
    In case you missed any of our recent releases, we've got you covered - from product launches, to promotions and anything in between.
    Ruger Introduces 10/22 Takedown® with Target Barrel
    The Ruger 10/22 Takedown® with target barrel features a .920" diameter, 16.10" cold hammer-forged barrel. The barrel is fluted for weight reduction, features a 1/2"-28 threaded muzzle and is fitted with a thread cap. This new target barrel takedown model also incorporates the Ruger® Modular Stock System and comes with both low and high comb, standard length of pull modules.

Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Can't believe how many modifications are available for a rifle that has been around this long.
    Tom Dorroh
    Boston, GA

River 10/22 with hogue grip and heavy barrel with sweet 22 scope calibrated just for different grain 22bullets is a great setup

Bought a Ruger 10/22 Takedown version with a the carry bag. Great for hauling around and plinking when the opportunity presents itself. Takedown rifle is as accurate at 50yds without a scope as any other ordinary .22 rifle. Check out the FB page Ruger 10/22 Fanatics for more info and mods. Groups has 17K members.

Great rifles have several and have no complaints

I've had both versions take down is nice for travel that's about it. Not much of advantage with the takedown version in my opinion.