Vito Angelone
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Vito Angelone

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Default Vito Angelone

I know some of the retriever folks on the east coast will remember Vito Angelone of Heartland Retrievers. I just learned that, after a 2 yr battle with cancer, Vito passed away today.

I remember when I was first running Master, many years ago, Vito invited me to Winchester, Va. to train with him. He was a talented retriever trainer with a cool personality! I still have photos that his wife, Carrie, took of me, Del and Echo hanging on my wall. I will long remember Vito!

My sincere condolences to Vito's family, especially his girls who he loved dearly.
    Vicky
    ADMIN

http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I have very vivid memories of working the Okemo Mtn. Outdoors festival with Vito and his newlywed wife Carrie. Also present were Richard A. Wolters and Randy Carlson.

Vito was the ultimate professional there as well as other venues in which we interacted.

Vito. You had a way with the dogs. You always will. You also knew your way around a duck call. That made an impression upon me that took me to Stuttgart a few times!

Chris
    "Coach Sanderson said to have fun."
    - PSU 2017 NCAA champion wrestlers
    Zain Retherford, Jason Nolf, Vincenzo Joseph, Mark Hall and Bo Nickal

"The amateur does it 'til he gets it right. But the expert does it until he can't get it wrong."
    - Bill Hillmann - Decatur, IL; July 2017

"I knew exactly what to do the whole way. A lot of the handholds feel like old friends."
    - Alex Honnald - After completing the June 3, 2017 first ever Free Solo Climb of Yosemite National Park's El Capitan.

I have a lot of fond memories of Vito, as well. Here's just one;

He had a lot of great HT dogs over the years, But the one I remember best was a dog that another Pro had really leaned on way too hard. The first time I saw the dog , Vito came to the line with the dog slinking along, looking over it's shoulder every few steps. I was judging and had a hard time believing what I was seeing, as his dogs were always happy workers. Vito told the cliff notes version of what had gone on and said he was just going to try to pick up the flyer, and that he hoped the dog would go to the bird and not the truck. She got the flyer and you would have thought she had won a National. He praised her all the way back in took the bird, knelt and hugged her. Then he put the lead on her and left the line. The next time I saw the dog, she was happy, confident and stylish, qualifying easily on a tough NAHRA Senior test.

I had the opportunity to socialize with him, as well. Always a good time!

Rest well, buddy.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I haven't seen him in many years, but I too have fond memories of Vito. He could call ducks by mouth better than most people with a call.

Rest in peace.

Vicky
    ADMIN

Met him out here in (92) for the NAHRA Invitational. Great guy and a huge loss to the dog world. Thanks for passing along the sad news Vicky.

Hoisting a glass for Vito regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Many of you have asked about Vito's obituary not coming up when you go to the Winchester Star so here is the copy that was given to them without the picture. The outpouring of love has been tremendous and know that Martha, Sarah and Carrie treasure all of you!
    Vito Atillio Angelone of Cross Junction, VA lost his courageous battle with cancer on March 25, 2016 at the age of 55. Born in Berlin, NJ on August 10, 1960 he was the son of Joseph Angelone and the late Josephine Angelone. In addition to his father, he is survived by a sister, Teresa Nichols of New Jersey and the two loves of his life, daughters Martha Angelone of Huntsville Texas and Sarah Angelone a junior at James Wood High School.
    Vito married Carrie Stanovick in 1994 and together they ran a Labrador breeding/training facility in Cross Junction. He worked professionally as a dog trainer in the 1990’s. He was also an accomplished tool and die engineer who enjoyed working at Mono-Flo International for many years.
    An avid hunter, fisherman and outdoorsman. he designed duck calls and decoys which the family sold to many outfitters on the east coast. Later in life, Vito devoted much of his time and energy to his passion of calf roping and taught his daughters the love of rodeo. He was instrumental in the Virginia High School and Junior High Rodeo programs and was always available to help all kids with their events. He and his family traveled extensively throughout the US, attending Regional and National events. Vito was always there for his daughters, whether he was driving them with five horses to New Mexico or Wyoming or pushing calves in the chute. His pride in their accomplishments created a wonderful bond between them.
    Upon his request, a memorial service will be private with family. In lieu of flowers, donations could be sent to either of these non-profit organizations that were dear to his heart:
    VHSRA(Virginia High School Rodeo Association) OR
    C/O Becky White Shenandoah River Chapter DU
    4028 Walkers Creek Rd. C/O Brian Woodall
    Middlebrook, VA 24459 3132 Apple Pie Ridge Rd.
    Winchester, VA 22603

Vicky
    ADMIN

Way too young. Condolences to the family. In case you're not familiar with the root of the name "Vito" ... Ironically, Vito is an Italian name that is derived from the Latin word "vita", meaning "life",.[1] It is a modern form of the Latin name "Vitus", meaning "life-giver," [2] as in Saint Vitus, the patron saint of dogs and a heroic figure in southern Italian folklore.
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life, they're just trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.