Spanking your kids, go to jail. - GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanking your kids, go to jail. - GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG

Politics, Religion, Parenting- Everybody's an expert.
    Give a guy a puppy and he'll buy books, DVD's, attend seminars, join training groups, & get advice from complete strangers on a Forum. Give a guy an infant and he thinks he knows how to raise him because he was raised as one. There are folks out here that have raised competitve dogs without hitting them. There are folks that have raised competitive horses without breaking their spirit. There also are folks out here that have raised children without hitting them. There are many alternative forms of punishment that don't require hitting your child. I never wanted my 3 kids to fear me but rather respect me. You gotta do what you gotta do. I choose to parent my children without hitting them and it worked out well.
    Lyle

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

You never, ever spanked their butt? Not even a little bit? Seriously?
    The more I am around people, the more I cherish the company of dogs and cattle.

From the article:
    "welts, bruising, and red marks on his thighs, arms and buttocks. "

Few welts on the butt never killed anyone…I am sure the other injuries are what got the investigators attention. What if the authorities did nothing and the kid turned up dead….like a kid here and Oklahoma did a few years back….everyone would be screaming about how the authorities didn’t do their job. Hopefully the process will sort things out and everyone will be safe in the end. Case of damned if you do and damned if you don't

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Now for the really important question.
    How many of you that were spanked as a child,Like to be spanked as an adult ?
    Alway remember , if the saying Sticks and Stones May break my Bones but Whips and Chains excite me, makes you smile you were probably spanked a little too much

Default Lil dikkens

I like it!!!!

I think the key word is "spanking". IMO, spnks should be delivered to the backside. not the arms or anywhere else. And for that matter, I did the whole spanking thing with my first kid - didn't really work. Well, maybe a quick fix. Taking stuff away from them (like priveleges), hideous groundations complete with immense amounts of chores worked way better for me.

Kinda funny, the one who got spanked turned into a gangster at 19 (she's not one anymore, she is a fire fighter) , the two that had the other more creative punishments are turning out quite nice with jobs..

So I vote no for the spank, but to each his own... Within reason of course...
    Princess Darla of Nottingham MH QA2
    Copper's Darlin' Rascal "Spanky" QA2
    Spanky's Darlin Rascal "Wheezy"

Yellow dogs rule the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow
    From the article:
    "welts, bruising, and red marks on his thighs, arms and buttocks. "

Few welts on the butt never killed anyone…I am sure the other injuries are what got the investigators attention. What if the authorities did nothing and the kid turned up dead….like a kid here and Oklahoma did a few years back….everyone would be screaming about how the authorities didn’t do their job. Hopefully the process will sort things out and everyone will be safe in the end. Case of damned if you do and damned if you don't
    Speaking as someone who got his butt spanked regularly as a kid (Mom spanked me frequently with a belt. Dad spanked me very rarely with an open hand...Dad made the bigger impression), I have a theory on the arm bruises. The dad is whacking the kid with the wooden spoon or paddle across the butt. The kid is moving around some and some of them actually land on the upper back part of his thighs (thus the thigh bruises). Because the paddling he is receiving actually hurts (gasp), he sticks his hands/arms back there reflexively (I've done it and Mom always added extra whacks with the belt for doing so) and when he stuck his hands/arms in the path of the paddle his arms got whacked too. No big mystery there.

I remember when I was in junior high and high school in the 80's, my principals had BIG wooden paddles with holes drilled in them and they would paddle kids. So in the last 20 years we've gone from principals being able to paddle students to parents not even being allowed to paddle their own kids. I have mixed feelings about teachers and administrators being able to paddle students, but I don't have mixed feelings about parents doing it to their own kids. I've seen plenty of kids who need it and aren't getting it.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH UH "Boomer" MH (RIP)
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Dikens Kennels
    Now for the really important question.
    How many of you that were spanked as a child,Like to be spanked as an adult ?
    Alway remember , if the saying Sticks and Stones May break my Bones but Whips and Chains excite me, makes you smile you were probably spanked a little too much
    Shoot! You made me smile, even chuckle. Nope, not even going there.

Arleen

Default spanking

I know i shouldnt go there,but just a thought and something very personal. I don't hit, spank,etc. one of my kids does get aggressive with me. hitting, shove, etc. I defended myself once, i put my leg up to stop her from hitting me more, and she hurt herself. I was in deep trouble with children and youth, and her counselors. it was nuts. my kid is in treatment. but the law is going to protect the kids. I am a social work degree ,but refuse to work with this child and youth system. I know so many cases that are over looked. i could go on... maria

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I wish that we had more parents like the defendant in this case. In my years as a cop, I cannot count how many kids I ran into that could have been kept out of trouble by a few well placed whacks on the tuchus at the correct time. I recall answering calls from 'parents' who complained that their 13,14 or 15 yr old kid was not listening to them. These cases begged for a parental 'attitude adjustment' of the type many of us got as children or in some cases teens. I locked up lots of kids for typical juvenile bad behavior over the years, shoplifting, theft etc, often after catching them red handed. There were many instances where the parents defended the kids, and berated me for locking them up!!! If my folks ever had to come bail me out at the police station(they didn't) it wouldn't have been the cops they got mad at, I garonteee that!
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!