The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well I'll Be!

Default Well I'll Be!

Master Title ribbon.. - Copy.jpg

It all started approximately 4 ½ years ago.. WE brought home a little black female puppy..
    We had finally spent the time. We had mourned the unexpected death that cancer claimed ofo a dog that was way to young to go.. We loved Maddie dearly. Had tons desire, and a HUGE heart.. But,, she was taken from us.
    Chris and Eileen Jobman of Flatlander kennels contacted us about a littler that was expected to be on the ground soon. They were very gracious and offered us a puppy. The Pick of a female we wanted… So,,, One evening I received a text, with a picture of a tiny black fur – ball, announcing it was time.. A VERY long 8 weeks later, we made the trip to pick up the new addition… We wanted them ALL! But eventually 1 in particular caught our eye. Chris and Eileen had wriiten down the collar colors of 2 puppies that both of them though would be a good match for us… The one we picked was one of the two the Jobmans picked,,,,,and “Flinch” was loaded up in the cab of our truck and was on her way to her new home..

We wanted to do this puppy right.. we did all the younun stuff…. Played with her, spoiled her, taught her all the babied habits…. But the time came when we had to take things more structured.
    Cherylon Loveland is up the road from us 94 miles.. I had been day training Maddie at her place.. Cherylon was in Texas when we brought Flinch home.. Cherylon said “just teach her her name,and don’t do anything else! J
    The most incredible experience of my life happened after she returned home from Texas. Cherylon offered to teach me how she does things, If I wanted to come early on day training days.. She offered to take me and the dog and teach us both. I JUMPED AT THE HONOR!!! She gave us home work each week,,and then the following week she would critique the progress. I would throw birds ,,shoot flyers ,,plant blinds after each lesson,, then we would work Flinch in for puppy work and marks… It has been the most incredible journey. Not only did I learn a lot,, but I made a very good friend.. She is just a Joy to me, and I owe her the world…

Well,, the reason for this post is that tonight I edited my signature line,,and behind Flinch's name is Master Hunter…!!!! Imagine! Gooser with a Master Hunter! Most who know me agree its almost as miraculous as Water on mars…
    Thank You Miss Loveland! Thank you to the Jobmans! And Flinch….. we love you dearly…

HRCH Flatlander's Broken Pistol Ricochet MH !!!

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 08-29-2016 at 09:10 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

That is really awesome Gooser! Lots of work there to be proud of. How awesome of Cherylon to teach you how to teach your pup.

Congratulations to you and Flinch!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Walk.jpg

Walking away from the line after the final series run.. Stepped on the Marks,,, Lined the blind.. That moment when you cant look toward the people in the Gallery clapping, because you have a lump in your throat ,,and tears in your eyes..
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Congrats to everyone involved!
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER SH -- Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Walk.jpg

Walking away from the line after the final series run.. Stepped on the Marks,,, Lined the blind.. That moment when you cant look toward the people in the Gallery clapping, because you have a lump in your throat ,,and tears in your eyes..
    I guess so! I see the judge waving a white hankie for you... Must be you made them surrender with such an outstanding performance.

Very cool! Well done Gooser and Flinch! Congratulations!

Well done team!...so....we expect that this is just a move in the ride...or is there more in this journey between you both....
    The old saying is....the sky is the limit....
    Congrats.....

Good for you Gooser!!!!

Remember, it's about the journey, not the destination.

Randy
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds

Congratulations!