Admin - pop-up ads? - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Admin - pop-up ads?

That's why vertical scope buys these websites - so they can target google ads to the traffic and make money...
    Darrin Greene

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

They seem to constantly crash my windows 8 computer.....unfortunately in my world of over taxed bandwidth on very slow download speed they truly are a pain and have made this wonderful site almost unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    It also looks like they turned off the ability to revert to the old style RTF so you are stuck with the ads on mobile.
    The iPhone lets you do that, i.e. disable mobile view. For example, if you hold down the little "refresh" circle-arrow thingy in the url bar at the top, the option to "Request Desktop Site" appears. Select that, refresh, and you have the old RTF view. Unfortunately the pop up windows are still there, but today when I pressed the "x" to close the pop-up window, I was able to get back to the RTF screen without restarting...

Not pretty, but since the enhanced mobile view does not work perhaps worth a try.

Directions for disabling mobile view in an iPhone are here: http://www.howtogeek.com/176932/how-...on-your-phone/

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

You can also find the exit mobile function in the top left of the screen. There is a button with three horizontal lines. this will open a menu where you can pick exit mobile view. This is cookie based so if you clear your browser mobile view will come back. The popups where related only to iPhone users and was a rogue ad on our network. This has since been addressed. If you notice anything like this again pleas pm this account right away.
    -Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Lpgar View Post
    They seem to constantly crash my windows 8 computer.....unfortunately in my world of over taxed bandwidth on very slow download speed they truly are a pain and have made this wonderful site almost unusable.
    The ads are crashing your windows desktop? You should not be seeing any pop ups on your desktop. If you do can you make sure you take a screen grab and send it to me? This site has One google ad position visible when you are logged in.
    -Philip

Quote Originally Posted by admin2 View Post
    You can also find the exit mobile function in the top left of the screen. There is a button with three horizontal lines. this will open a menu where you can pick exit mobile view. This is cookie based so if you clear your browser mobile view will come back. The popups where related only to iPhone users and was a rogue ad on our network. This has since been addressed. If you notice anything like this again pleas pm this account right away.
    -Philip
    Thanks---looks like you fixed something between yesterday and today. The menu on my iPhone is now available. So far, using the traditional view and not enhanced view, I have not experienced the pop up window problem in the OP.

Also I see you added some features to enhanced view. One that is badly needed is having the most recent posts appear first in a thread. It looks like that is one of the settings, but it does not work on my iPhone. I am getting the oldest posts showing up at the top of a thread despite changing the setting to having the newest posts load first.

Edit: I take that last comment back. The setting works, just not the way I expected. We need some feature that tells us that there are new posts in a thread.
    Last edited by Renee P.; 09-12-2016 at 01:38 PM.

I just got my first taste in the classifieds. In original view on iPhone. Would not let me exit had to close rtf and go back in twice.
    HRCH Gator Point's Magnum Missy MH
    HRCH Brownings Troublesome Cassie MH
    Brownings Magnum Choco-Lily SH
    HR Brownings Pimp in Distress