• Would participate

22 17.89%
  • Would not participate

45 36.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Master Hunter Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I'm pretty happy with this.... Just your everyday, easy to obtain, poorly judged MASTER Title,, that has NOTHING to do with hunting..

Attachment 33634
    Right on brutha!
    There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preparation, hard work and learning from failure. -Colin Powell

Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

GCH Boyne's Avian Investigator MH BN WCX CGC 'Ziva' (number 73!)
    Boyne's Criminal by Dezign at Rygwood JH 'Wykked' (criminal #2)
    Boyne's It Is What It Is SH 'Murphy' (hellion in training)
    ShadowGlen Ballyhoo O'Boyne SH CGC 'Bree' (really?)
    ShadowGlen Roundabout Campfyr SH CD CGC 'Coal' (the best)

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

We worked our ass off to obtain this... Now SOME,,, want to degrade the accomplisnent, and make it not so excellent anymore...
    They have an agenda that doesnt like being TESTED to a STANDRD,, but rather want something that Tests with being better than......

That Kennel ration commercial is slowly creeping into HT's

"My dogs better than your dog, My dogs better than yours,, My dogs better cause he is EXCELLENT,, my dogs better than yours....

Pretty childish....

If I had a really excellent dog,, I'd try a realcompetition against AFC's !
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I'm pretty happy with this.... Just your everyday, easy to obtain, poorly judged MASTER Title,, that has NOTHING to do with hunting..

Attachment 33634
    Brilliant!
    Tom Dorroh
    Boston, GA

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I'm on the fence....this is just like the Amatuer Master or what ever it is called....in my humble opinion it's just another strain on clubs and the judging pool, but on the flip side if a club wants to support it, more power to them!

Run your dog, enjoy your dog....they are never with us long enough!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker QA2 - Bullet (11/22/2003 - 03/05/2016)
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It QA2 - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies QA2 - Riot
    FOM's Fugitive From Justice - Bandit
    CH FOM's Number One Small Caliber Bullet of CTC CA - "Ichi the Cairn Terrorist"

Boykins can run AKC Hunt Tests. Does this mean I can run I can run MHX with a "specialty" dog? Is there going to be a "cut out" later? My dog can barely do seasoned work but if the dog can do the work and is a AKC recognized breed, they should be allowed to participate, right? For the record, I have zero AKC experience and very little dog training knowledge.
    Last edited by Boykin; 09-23-2016 at 07:28 PM.
    HR Tripple Js Miss Remi Roo

Smile

"My dogs better than your dog, My dogs better than yours,, My dogs better cause he is EXCELLENT,, my dogs better than yours....

Pretty childish....

If I had a really excellent dog,, I'd try a real competition against AFC's !
    Good one!

lucas

Attachment 33634
    yes.. I was just thinking last night about the fact they want to require the handler to 'shoot at' the marks - up to but possibly more than 150 yds away. LMAO.
    How about 2 gunners in the blind with 6 shots and a triple down in 3 seconds within 60 yds and then run a 150 yd blind with a trail at the end.

I am a newbie and have never obtained a MH in the retriever venue. BUT I just feel AKC is washing out these titled. I am all for another level if they want but honestly the Master National has caused it's issues with MH entries I know, but I would rather see other fixes.
    Laurie Thompson
    BriarField Kennels, Dunlap TN
    Mountaindogs Treats, Training, and supplies

Yellow Roses and Sugar Magnolias (Lab)
    HR Kerrybrooks That's A Fact Jack JH, RE (Lab)
    UKC Ch, SHR Briarfields Liebe Me Do DJ (GSP)
    CH Briarfields Autumn Connection JH, NAVHDA UT2 NA Pz 2(GSP co-owned in CA)
    Int'l Ch Snips Tennessee Jed SH, NAVHDA NA pz 1(GSP, at the rainbow bridge)
    Miss Mabel Marshdog CGC, TDI certified, canine blood donor (Lab, at the Rainbow Bridge)

Just a few further notes on this stake, since this is not a scientific poll. While I was marshaling a Master stake this weekend, I received enough good response from Amateur participants to continue to pursue the cause.

The MASTER EXCELLENT stake is designed for the older dogs who are very experienced and under control. Those dogs (and handlers) need another level of testing to show that they EXCEL in their level of field work to show that they are not an AVERAGE dog (part of the 55%), but a dog that is ABOVE AVERAGE in the HUNT TEST game.

There are many participants who, believe it or not, are NOT interested in the MASTER NATIONALS or FIELD TRIALS, but do want another quality level of challenge for their HUNTING DOGS. A Master National or Grand Hunt Test quality test on the weekend.

It could even be possible that some clubs may host a MASTER EXCELLENT with a SENOR and JUNIOR stake, and skip the hassle of even hosting a MASTER stake that most can't even get entered in.

So back to the 'Master Excellent' stake to be hosted at the North Miss. Amateur Retriever club on Oct.15-16 in Como, MS, the weekend after the Master Nationals.

1) The stake will consist of two very experienced Judges in the Hunt Test world.

2) The dogs will be tested in two complete Hunting Situations (and a short middle series to meet requirements). The first hunt will be on land with live Pheasant flyers and ducks. The last complete hunting situation will be a duck hunt on water out of real duck blinds with two working dogs.

3) Scoring will be with a well established point system. Dogs receiving a score of 7 or better will receive a JAM.

Please click here to enter: https://www.entryexpress.net/LoggedI....aspx?eid=8493
    Last edited by TBell; 09-26-2016 at 01:05 PM.
    Tammy Bell

RaginRetrievers.com
    FindRetrievers.com
    Pythiosis.com
    BalancedRetriever.com

If AKC Master Hunter dogs and handlers want/need more challenges and opportunities to show off their expertise in hunting scenarios, give NAHRA a try. We test two additional skill sets that a hunting companion/conservation tool should possess. The trail and an upland hunt.