Another noisy dog thread
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another noisy dog thread

Default Another noisy dog thread

To the people who say you can't fix noise..........

Last October had a lady come in for training with a noisy crazy dog, she was told by another trainer (who people ooh and ahhh about) that she should start looking for another dog because this one was bad...really bad. So put him through the program, progress was made quickly thru every step. The owner came back in for training and learned, or re-learned about her dog and what we did with him to help his issues.
    Fast forward.....this past weekend she entered her first derby with him and was quiet every series, ran hard and did well on every bird except the very last one, she received a jam ribbon and was thrilled about the progress they made. The dog went from being washed out and a couch potato to a nice QUIET dog to be able to train and compete with...yes it can be done!!

Congratulations to Lisa Clare and Sccy on a job well done....Randy
    CHRIS ATKINSON...PLEASE don't QUIT CHANGING MY PROFILE PAGE!!

"And if you have a golden, bring TWO towels!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohn View Post
    To the people who say you can't fix noise..........

Last October had a lady come in for training with a noisy crazy dog, she was told by another trainer (who people ooh and ahhh about) that she should start looking for another dog because this one was bad...really bad. So put him through the program, progress was made quickly thru every step. The owner came back in for training and learned, or re-learned about her dog and what we did with him to help his issues.
    Fast forward.....this past weekend she entered her first derby with him and was quiet every series, ran hard and did well on every bird except the very last one, she received a jam ribbon and was thrilled about the progress they made. The dog went from being washed out and a couch potato to a nice QUIET dog to be able to train and compete with...yes it can be done!!

Congratulations to Lisa Clare and Sccy on a job well done....Randy
    Congrats and great job Randy!!!!Jim
    Jim Weitzel

The "right decision"to a retriever is generally that decision which feels good or is the most convenient.So its the trainers job to teach the dog that what feels good is that which pleases the trainer.

Cotton Pershall

I would guess some trainers just dont want to deal with a dog like this.... Truck full of dogs that a more 'needy' dog might suck time from? Not sure if that is an accurate reoeresentation, but it seems logical?

It is, nonetheless, great that you were able to help get the issue resolved, Randy.
    Last edited by Tobias; 03-25-2017 at 09:18 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

So there is HOPE!!!
    Magister venator aliquando si deus vult

That's my point 1tulip.....hard work it can be done...if you have a noisy dog find a way and don't give up...Randy
    CHRIS ATKINSON...PLEASE don't QUIT CHANGING MY PROFILE PAGE!!

"And if you have a golden, bring TWO towels!"

Good thread. I'm no expert, but I know enough that if I ever did have a noisy dog, it's going to Randy!

Good stuff.

Randy, how old was the dog and how long did it take?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan85 View Post
    Good stuff.

Randy, how old was the dog and how long did it take?

Cheers.
    I was wondering the same thing. And what portion of that in the beginning was spent with no marks?
    Ron Rhodes
    www.portlandlabrador.com
    A Lab has no appreciation for the artistic value of a bonsai tree, but does appreciate their potential as chew toys.

He indicated the dog came last October... so I guess 4-5 months (depending on when in Oct). It does take dedication and discipline. It would have been cool to see before and after videos.

I'm wondering because he said the dog came in October, progressed quickly, and then fast forward to this weekend.