I'm done... - Page 7
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I'm done...

When first reading the “flow” of this thread, I fully understood the emotions involved. I am almost 77 years old (few more weeks)
    and have recently noticed a huge shift in the use of tact and tolerance (everywhere). This has resulted (in my opinion) of having
    way too many individuals defending most of what they do or believe. This social phenomenon is clearly demonstrated on one of
    RTF’s “sub forums” and more so across the nation. It is simply not healthy. One must be cognizant of the importance of not being
    consumed by negative energy. Often times the best solution is to develop “thicker skin”. If this were true many of us would find it
    difficult to just move.

Fortunately, there is a somewhat useful strategy of coping with the mounting tide. It requires being concerned with only those
    things you can actually change. If there is no potential for meaningful input, the wise choice is to simply “let go” and spend your
    energy on those things that you actually have control over. Maintaining mental health requires a continuous pro-active effort. I
    waste zero time “fessing” over things I have no control over…..except maybe with Pounce.

When obsessed it is simple to find situations where someone is wrong. To repeat….most of the time it is best to just not get
    involved and in many cases the real answers were not what they are looking for. Being able to handle the truth is a gift.
    Unfortunately, there are times when it is best to just simply walk away…..if you can find the emotional space to do so.

If this seems like a lecture…...it is. Old teachers never die…….they just compose another lecture.
    Last edited by KwickLabs; 07-26-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    Jim Boyer KwickLabsii.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KwickLabs View Post
    When first reading the “flow” of this thread, I fully understood the emotions involved. I am almost 77 years old (few more weeks)
    and have recently noticed a huge shift in the use of tact and tolerance (everywhere). This has resulted (in my opinion) of having
    way too many individuals defending most of what they do or believe. This social phenomenon is clearly demonstrated on one of
    RTF’s “sub forums” and more so across the nation. It is simply not healthy. One must be cognizant of the importance of not being
    consumed by negative energy. Often times the best solution is to develop “thicker skin”. If this were true many of us would find it
    difficult to just move.

Fortunately, there is a somewhat useful strategy of coping with the mounting tide. It requires being concerned with only those
    things you can actually change. If there is no potential for meaningful input, the wise choice is to simply “let go” and spend your
    energy on those things that you actually have control over. Maintaining mental health requires a continuous pro-active effort. I
    waste zero time “fessing” over things have no control over…..except maybe with Pounce.

When obsessed it is simple to find situations where someone is wrong. To repeat….most of the time it is best to just not get
    involved and in many cases the real answers were not what they are looking for. Being able to handle the truth is a gift.
    Unfortunately, there are times when it is best to just simply walk away…..if you can find the emotional space to do so.

If this seems like a lecture…...it is. Old teachers never die…….they just compose another lecture.
    YES!!!! I read and re read this. Great, powerful words....thank you!