Cream-Colored Field Goldens
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Cream-Colored Field Goldens

Default Cream-Colored Field Goldens

A friend asked me the other day if I was aware of any cream colored golden retrievers with good field dog pedigrees. I couldn't think of any that I know personally, so I thought I would check with the forum. Thanks.
    MHR Ranger's Red Desert Banger MH** WCX

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Are you asking about light colored field bred goldens or about the English style of golden (that many people call English cream) that would excel at hunting? If light colored field goldens, Boomer was a light colored popular sire with many light colored offspring out there. If you're asking about English style, Sterre Goldens comes to mind as someone who has some MH dogs, and maybe a ** golden? You would have to dig further.

We have a Hawk pup on the truck that I call Casper compared to the other goldens. While she isn't white, she is light.
    ~Cortney Bally~

Home of:
    HRCH CH Bally's Swinging For The Fence MH *** (08/10)
    HRCH Bally's Best Blonde Joke MH (03/12)
    HR Bally's Only Wanna Be With You SH (6/14)
    Seaside's Pink Panther-5 derby points (10/14)
    Storm Warnings Tornado Ali-6 derby points (5/15)
    Bally's Saving for a Rainy Day NATIONAL DERBY LIST (11/15)

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

image.jpgI got this pup from Brenda Lokey at Duso Farms. He is not cream colored but not very dark or red. I believe she still has one male pup available from a repeat breeding that is listed in the classifieds. You could call and ask how light she thinks he will be. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GregD View Post
    image.jpgI got this pup from Brenda Lokey at Duso Farms. He is not cream colored but not very dark or red. I believe she still has one male pup available from a repeat breeding that is listed in the classifieds. You could call and ask how light she thinks he will be. Good luck.
    I also have a Duso Golden from that first Hawk-Scarlet breeding, great dog. I'd say he's medium light, still reddish, far from cream.

The venerable field Golden, Boomer (TNT's Explosion) was lighter than many field Goldens but was not what many classify as "cream." My experience has been that the really light Goldens are seen much more in conformation and obedience than in any field setting. As light as my pup was in my avatar, as a mature dog, he has a lot of red in him now.
    Last edited by J. Walker; 07-30-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    "When a good trainer stops learning about dogs, he stops being a good trainer." the late Gene Hill

"If you want to find out what kind of trainer you are, leave your transmitter in the truck." the late Rex Carr

http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood..../dog_formulas/

Quote Originally Posted by J. Walker View Post
    My experience has been that the really light Goldens are seen much more in conformation and obedience than in any field setting.
    Interestingly, I have helped out at a couple of confirmation shows recently and it seems that the 'creme' is out of vogue in the conformation ring these days. Pendulum seems to be swinging darker--several were absolutely red, like back in the day when folks didn't know what goldens were and thought they were Irish Setters.

That said, I don't know of any of the white 'English crème' types in field work. Lightest seems to be about a Caffe Latte color. Not saying that there aren't any, but I wouldn't know where to go get one.