!!!Retriever Trainer/Breeder in S Washington or N Oregon!!!
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !!!Retriever Trainer/Breeder in S Washington or N Oregon!!!

Thumbs up !!!Retriever Trainer/Breeder in S Washington or N Oregon!!!

I have been scanning through this site and i have found some threads like this one but haven't found a recent one so I'm hoping to get some updated info. So I just moved my wife and two little girls as well as myself to White Salmon, WA from Texas because of a job offer and hurricane Harvey. I was heavily into duck hunting back home and had the down payment on pup but couldn't get it because of the move. I'm looking to get a Labrador retriever puppy for a family companion but more so wanted to get it trained for hunting as well as hunt test. Last year was the first year I had been involved with hunt test events and am hoping to continue my participation here. So, my question is where are breeders with good pedigree dogs located as well as some good trainers that will help me get my dog to the level that it is capable of hunting and competing at?
    Thank you all for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Connord94 View Post
    I have been scanning through this site and i have found some threads like this one but haven't found a recent one so I'm hoping to get some updated info. So I just moved my wife and two little girls as well as myself to White Salmon, WA from Texas because of a job offer and hurricane Harvey. I was heavily into duck hunting back home and had the down payment on pup but couldn't get it because of the move. I'm looking to get a Labrador retriever puppy for a family companion but more so wanted to get it trained for hunting as well as hunt test. Last year was the first year I had been involved with hunt test events and am hoping to continue my participation here. So, my question is where are breeders with good pedigree dogs located as well as some good trainers that will help me get my dog to the level that it is capable of hunting and competing at?
    Thank you all for your help!
    Good luck on your move! Save your down payment as you might need it to cope with the cost of living
    in the Pac NW. It ain't cheap! The land of the millennials!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Mike Taylor
    503-664-6032

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

As I understand it, the public posts aren't supposed to "advertise" breeders (maybe I'm wrong about that and if I am people here will correct me.) When you've made some more posts we can send you private messages and I might have a good suggestion for you.

I sure hope this move works out for you and your family. You're not alone. There will probably be quite a "Texas diaspora" due to the storm.
    Magister venator aliquando si deus vult

Lee Salmon Wind River Labs. Mike is doing field trials although I think they may have a pup left out of an outstanding breeding. No not my breeding although I am getting a pup.PM me for info.It's not advertising answering a question.

Jeff
    Jeff Gruber
    working on pelts
    Duckponds Prize Package 5-2002-6-22-2017 RIP
    CK'S Contessa (avatar)
    Ice Cold Juice *** 1-17-2012 12-3-2018 RIP
    I Ain't No Tin Lizzy
    Mission Valley Hoping for a Repeat
    Franklin's 29 Degrees True North

Quote Originally Posted by labsforme View Post
    Lee Salmon Wind River Labs. Mike is doing field trials although I think they may have a pup left out of an outstanding breeding. No not my breeding although I am getting a pup.PM me for info.It's not advertising answering a question.

Jeff
    Jeff, he can't PM, takes 10 posts!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Lee Salmon -Wind River Labs . She is in central WA, a couple hours north of Portland I think.
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Depends on what you want. Mike Taylor is running trials don't know if he takes hunt test/gundogs. Jim Gonia is an excellent trial man. Doug Shade seems to be pretty heavy into the hunt test game around Portland.

Another vote to get in touch with lee. She's got some real nice dogs

I you to live around there year ago in Cook, WA. I suggest contacting Doug Shade at Minnoggie Kennels as a place to start. Doug does mainly HT and gun dogs and if you're interested in FT he can put you in touch.
    You will find it tough to find good places to train in the immediate vicinity but there used to be placesaround Trout Lake and The Dalles, Dallesport. Suggest joking the Oregon Hunting Retriever Club as well. Good luck. You have some good duck hunting to the East (about 1.5-2 hours).