CT - LRC National Fall Field Trial - Derby Cancelled
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: CT - LRC National Fall Field Trial - Derby Cancelled

Default CT - LRC National Fall Field Trial - Derby Cancelled

The Labrador Retriever Club has cancelled the Derby Stake of the National Fall Field Trial. One scratch was received resulting in only nine starters. Refunds will be issued.

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Lois Gebrian
    Event Secretary

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

At the National Specialty they couldn't get 10 Labs for Derby? That's pretty sad. I think there were at least 34 Derby entries at the Golden Specialty.
    Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HRCH WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade UD MH WCX CCA VC; Adirondac Tracks in the Wilderness WCX; Adirondac Tippy Canoe CDX MH WCX; Adirondac White Water Adventure

You believe that Dawn. Hell all breed field trials are dominated by labs
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH, QAA2 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH, QAA2 8/5/05-3/20/18
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE, WDQ, QAA2, MH (SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY QAA, MH (Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mostlygold View Post
    At the National Specialty they couldn't get 10 Labs for Derby? That's pretty sad. I think there were at least 34 Derby entries at the Golden Specialty.
    Shows just how divided the two groups (show/field) are...

Consider that pros and amateurs are already in Sedelia, MO for National Derby Championship, many amateurs, pros and their dogs have already headed to southern training grounds (I know a number of derby dogs already moved south), and those amateurs and pros are preparing to begin pre-National Open training for their All-Age dogs,....and middle of week. These circumstances could've impacted entries.
    "The Bluebills Died at Dawn", thank you Gordon MacQuarrie.

I like my dogs black, wet and with a dead duck in their mouth!

There were usually 20 dogs or so in the local derbys, I had 4 of them and they aged out on Oct 5th, Ed Forry had a litter mate, so there is 5 dogs out of the 20 so expected. Add to that what Dick said about the Derby National and it makes sense that they didn't have enough dogs.

Yes,,exellent post, Dick and Swift River.
    Choctaw's Daring Greatly (10/19/2015)
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UDX MH CGC WCX ***(All-Breed AM 2nd)
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **, UKC HR Finished & U-B Legs, OTCH Points, Utility B Win, Agility HIT (1/20/2001-7/24/2015)
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Yes. I forgot Claudia told me that Keene would age out just days before the National. Is the Derby National a new event?
    Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HRCH WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade UD MH WCX CCA VC; Adirondac Tracks in the Wilderness WCX; Adirondac Tippy Canoe CDX MH WCX; Adirondac White Water Adventure

As LRC FT Chairperson I was truly saddened to have the derby canceled. The entire trial was touch and go all year to plan because we had many factors against us! Most New England Pros were not planning on being north as they were already heading to MD and then south for the winter. Thanks to Ed Forry for sticking around! Also, a mid week trial can be tough for people as it means days off work. The Master Natls are about to take place in TX, so that took away some dogs too AND lastly, the first Derby National is about to start, so that affected us too. And like Buck said, several NE pups aged out just prior to the trial. Lots of odds against us. Thank you to Betsy Broyd for ALL of her efforts entering her pup 11:30 pm on the closing date to make it 10 total. Mind you pup was in WI, needed to get shuttled to NE just to be the tenth entry and then right back for the Natl in MO. Sunday night her pup was half way here in transport only to learn of a scratch (in season) so her pup turned back to WI again. VERY BEST WISHES TO YOU BOTH THANK YOU BETSY, WHAT COMRODERIE YOU DEMONSTRATED!!