Thunder launcher 500 ???
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thunder launcher 500 ???

Default Thunder launcher 500 ???

Thinking of making a purchase. Anyone have knowledge of these. Pros or cons. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I have had 2, for 3-4 years. Very dependable units, throw nice marks! Quick and easy set up!

Really like mine. Had one or mine for close to 7 or 8 years. Helps to be a little handy with repairs after about 6 years. They are not terrible to work on, but eventually the ignitor on the torch goes bad and needs to be replaced. Also, the timing may need to be adjusted.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This QA2
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg NDL, QA2
    This Beer Is Making Me Awesome

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Ive got 2-Two shooters and 2-Five shooters. They are great for multiple dogs per setup and ease of use. Only down side is that it is not a bird and hard bumper. We work both Thunders and wingers to promote ease and versatility of offering of both bird and bumpers. Would not trade them for anything.

I have two 200's I love them. I picked them up used. I have had no issues. I bought dogtra electronics and paired they work really well! My dogs love them. Wish i have the 500's but I dont use them everyday so its not too bad going and putting more bumpers on the slides.

I will be getting some wingers sometime near future just for the aspect of a dead bird.

I had 4 of the 500s,ended up getting 4, 10 shooters to make life easier.Bubba is right on in what he said.I really don't know what I would do without mine.As Far as birds ,just salt the area with a couple dead birds.For teaching ma and pa marks or Hillmans y drill as they call it now,get the rotating table Doug sells.I got the second one ever produced and has been bombproof.Jim
    Jim Weitzel

The "right decision"to a retriever is generally that decision which feels good or is the most convenient.So its the trainers job to teach the dog that what feels good is that which pleases the trainer.

Cotton Pershall

200 hundreds were the most dependable.

I have a 500 and like it lots. Bought the rotating table and now love it dearly!!!! If you buy a launcher buy the table as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bowjunkie View Post
    Thinking of making a purchase. Anyone have knowledge of these. Pros or cons. Thanks
    You can try another alternative

I have one of the Etch-Marc throwers, made in Canada. Which Thunder Equipment purchased this company and made changes to the design, my launcher worked perfect then I put it into storage for about 10 years just got a new pup this year pulled out the launcher this year for training. Launcher is not working need to tear into it and take a look, but was impressed with the launcher when it was working.