Bumper Boy Motion cable
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Bumper Boy Motion cable

Default Bumper Boy Motion cable

All, hope everyone is well. 29511098_2116115785081584_9102224328128200704_o.jpg29541528_2116115695081593_1350554755444768768_o.jpg Since the good ole folks a bumper boy went OOB, been trying to replace some broken Motion cables. I know the picture is not the greatest, but I think the 4 pin connector is a ATX 4 Pin connector, but not positive. Anyone know of a good resource to purchase this cable? Just having a problem identifying the parts, any help would be appreciated. My Bumper Boy receivers are still working great (knock on wood), and I would much rather purchase a few cables than a new trans/receiver system.

Respectfully, Byron Musick

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I am not familiar with the motion cable but they usually use Molex connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchocolate View Post
    I am not familiar with the motion cable but they usually use Molex connectors.
    Yep, thanks. From what I am learning the ATX is a Molex connector, so this is likely the answer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Here is a web site that you can purchase the connector and the special little connectors that you attach to the wire before inserting into the plastic connector. Get a good magnifier to be able to see.
    The connectors have barbs that help hold them into the plastic housing and they can be tough to get out. So be sure you have the correct wire to each slot.
    Good luck, not all that hard, if I can do it so can you.

https://www.molex.com/molex/products...e=Introduction
    Nate Baxter, DVM
    Clarksville, OH

Quote Originally Posted by vafarmer View Post
    All, hope everyone is well. 29511098_2116115785081584_9102224328128200704_o.jpg29541528_2116115695081593_1350554755444768768_o.jpg Since the good ole folks a bumper boy went OOB, been trying to replace some broken Motion cables. I know the picture is not the greatest, but I think the 4 pin connector is a ATX 4 Pin connector, but not positive. Anyone know of a good resource to purchase this cable? Just having a problem identifying the parts, any help would be appreciated. My Bumper Boy receivers are still working great (knock on wood), and I would much rather purchase a few cables than a new trans/receiver system.

Respectfully, Byron Musick

What does the other end of the cable look like? And I am assuming you are using these for retired gunners. If so, what type of retired gunners you using?

Actually I use these to control a Gunner's Up launcher, for real birds and whatnot. It could be used for retired gunner, but not something I have done, would require a much longer cable;

Quote Originally Posted by vafarmer View Post
    Actually I use these to control a Gunner's Up launcher, for real birds and whatnot. It could be used for retired gunner, but not something I have done, would require a much longer cable;

Interesting! i never had gave thought of doing that. So, if you are using these bumper boys as your electronics. Would kind of be a pain in the arse for me to do this considering i have 2-8 shooters and a 12 shooter. I have been looking for retired gunner options. Now that I know that I can get the connectors to make some cables. I will continue my search for a retired gunner option. Thank You!