RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Hunt Test Judge Question

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  djansma 
#1 ·
How do you score three marks (tripple) in a master test.

Do you score each mark 1- 10. Then average.

Or look at all three and make up a number.

Or is there another method .

#3 ·
In a word, yes. It really doesn't make much difference what method you use so long as you use the same method throughout the day and are consistent in the scoring ... a 7 for one dog is scored as a 7 for every other dog for the same performance. The AKC doesn't care how you score. They generally suggest that you weight the scores so that the first bird is given less emphasis that the last bird but there's nothing that says you have to do this.

#4 ·
I score each mark individually, but I don't assign the same weight to each mark, therefore I don't do a straight average of the three birds in a triple. I'm pretty good at calculating in my head so as Paul stated after each dog runs I give an overall score for marking, style, perseverance, and trainability.

#5 ·
I give the same weight to the numerical value assigned to each mark.....but the criteria changes on all three marks. To get a 10 on a go bird you have to PERFECT. So a 7 on a go bird could be a 9 1/2 on a memory bird. But I say if a judge can potentially mark a zero on a mark, there has to be a potential to get a 10 on the same mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.