Pictures and story's of Snapper Pups; Traits etc.
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures and story's of Snapper Pups; Traits etc.

Default Pictures and story's of Snapper Pups; Traits etc.

Looking into Snapper (FC AFC Gunstock's Topshelf Snap Decision) or one of his FC AFC multi-upper titled offspring as a breeding candidate (must be EIC clear). But I am on the West coast and 2 date have only come across one of his offspring at any of the test-trials I frequent, a black female and very young. I know there are several of his get out there. So I would like to get some input of what he's throwing and what they look like. Positives, negatives, funny quirks, any health issues that have been seen. Please feel free to PM if not wishing to post to a general thread. Thank You
    "They's Just DAWGS"; "I train dogs, Not papers"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned; early or late it still needs to be learned"

GMHR HRCH Lakota MH (Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Storm MH (Upland/ Waterfowl Enthusiast)
    HR Banshi (problem child #3) - HR Trap (male-chocolate he's "special")

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I have a Snapper granddaughter. Here is a link to her sire (a Snapper son) http://www.theblastwsk.com/journey.html

My pup is very nice, team player, loves to please. She is now one year old and in transition. Wouldn't trade her for anything.

I'm looking for a dark yellow male puppy out of him this summer as a field trial candidate. Hope some people post up some pictures and stories of his offspring.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I have male that is just over two. Excellent marker ,made derby list in 6 starts and jammed his first q.He is 75% newby/amateur trained.Very enthusiastic in training and learns quickly and easily and is really fun to train. Is tough yet takes very little correction to get him to respond. Good on off switch and pheasant hunts like a machine. The only quirk is a good one in that he never barks, I’ve heard him bark twice in two years.

Seem to be a fair number of Snapper related pups here in Mn. The young dog pro I work with always has a couple he is working with. From what I’ve seen they all seem to be pretty nice dogs.

I'm on a snapper litter list for later this year. I'm excited about it for sure. I've talked to a couple trainers with young dogs that are looking promising.
    HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded

I've got a Snapper pup coming up for the latter part of june.Looking forward to it.

Senior Member Last Frontier Labs's Avatar

Snapper daughter- Maple
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sherri Young

"It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Last Frontier Labs View Post
    Snapper daughter- Maple
    Beautiful dog!

Mine's a little young (4 months now), but so far I really like him. He means business when retrieving and runs to a spot without looking around at all. Seems very smart. I don't let him jump off the tailgate, I use a ramp. The other day he was standing on the tailgate waiting for me to pick up the ramp. When I bent over to pick it up, he ran down my back. So far, he has a pretty good off switch (very unlike his mom, Cosmo line). I think he is a pretty handsome man. Most of the time he is vertical instead of horizontal. I don't know why it turned my pictures sideways.
    Brew1.jpgBrew2.JPGBrew3.JPG
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This QA2
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg NDL, QA2
    This Beer Is Making Me Awesome

Snapper daughter she is only 10 weeks right now but has a lot of drive and lives to retrieve. Very happy so far with this pup should make a great dog as long as I don’t mess her up.