Tariffs-Fear-Hype
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tariffs-Fear-Hype

Default Tariffs-Fear-Hype

The tariffs are here and the chicken littles are scared. The media supports the fear mongering because they get their money from the status quo types. Few want change, Winners and losers . POTUS posters still can't figure out that we are in an economic war.

I warned you to read up on Peter Navarro and China's 2025 and 2030 economic blueprint plans, What I find interesting and sad how many of you keyboard warriors have no coherent understanding of America's willful economic gutting. We are the worlds great supermarket snd Wslmart /Amazon are the purveyors. Times are a changing with you or without you.

Continue your sexual,economic, racial "ism" tirades but economics runs the show.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    The tariffs are here and the chicken littles are scared. The media supports the fear mongering because they get their money from the status quo types. Few want change, Winners and losers . POTUS posters still can't figure out that we are in an economic war.

I warned you to read up on Peter Navarro and China's 2025 and 2030 economic blueprint plans, What I find interesting and sad how many of you keyboard warriors have no coherent understanding of America's willful economic gutting. We are the worlds great supermarket snd Wslmart /Amazon are the purveyors. Times are a changing with you or without you.

Continue your sexual,economic, racial "ism" tirades but economics runs the show.
    FACT, TARIFFS BENEFIT THE FEW TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE MANY. If those here are "keyboard warriors", the what are you. Tariffs are not change. They have been around for centuries. If they are so good then why did our forefathers Constutudionally prevent them between states??

I have no idea s to how this will work out but time will tell. I do know that a trade war will hurt the many.

Cary you are both persistent and consistent. They (tariffs) have been with us since the 1820x and the Republican Party 1856 till post Eisenhower. Bsby Bush used them as well.Be happy I am ending my POTUS tour after five years because "education" is not the solution but hard knocks seems to work. Call me what you wish but skepticism and historical/economic knowledge works best.

Did you read Navarro or the Chinese plans? Oh well the guy with the warts is in charge.y
    Last edited by swliszka; 06-01-2018 at 09:16 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Swiz, as you are the expert on this, would you explain the sugar tariff? It's been in place for years!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Stan nothing personal, but really tired of reading what Iíve already experienced. Personally as a USA based manufacture I got tired of competing against other countries product coming here with no tariff while everything our company shipped overseas often had a sizable tariff tacked on to it. Those imposing the tariffs would even state it was to protect their companies!!! Market after market lost as the ďprotectedĒ industries, primarily from China, take over globally and we cower, afraid to impact anyoneís life. Heaven forbid little Johnny has to pay more for his $3000 carbon fiber bicycle. Or little Suzy has to pay $100 more for her iPhone 140z with hologram projection, facial recognition and battery that last 140 hours between charges. At least little Johnny is getting off the coach, okay another dig. We can continue down this path, which will completely gut our middle class, or finally fight to save the little we have left.
    Another first hand experience, Iíve negotiated contracts my whole life. When the other side doesnít want any change to an agreement, it sure as h*ll isnít because itís fair to both sides! Itís because it favors them. Doesnít anyone wonder why no one on the other side of the trade agreements (we are wanting to change), wants change? Do you really believe they have our best interest in mind?
    Always thought it was funny that other countries didnít place a lot of tariffs on our food products coming to their shores. The one product that everyone needs and most (even controlling) governments want to keep costs down to prevent civil unrest AND allow the average person more disposable income to spend on material things.

I started blue collar and Iíll die with that mind set. Work hard, fight fair and donít give in to bullies. Told all my kids, never start one, but never walk away and fight to win. As far as Iím concern that a solid way to live your life. We have for decades just kicked the can down the road, let special interest run our trade, and managed to the finite situation. All while ignoring the long term tend.

Everyone can now bring up their finite examples of how this group or that group will be hurt. That our economy will be slowed or that tariffs are evil. If they are so da**ed evil, why is the other side winning by using them???

Been off here for a while. Always try to listen, understand, and present logic in ways that confirm positions....the fight fair mindset. Not today. Not on this subject. This impacts and has impacted my family and friends. This has gutted the midwest overall (rust belt is a real area) and donít bother me with Iowa having trouble hiring people. That is a anomaly on the downward trend and guess what.....the biggest reason most will tell you they canít hire enough people, applicants canít pass a drug test!! Either that or they are lazy, zero skills, and donít even understand what a full days work is. Plenty of workers out there....they just wonít work.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Payce; 06-01-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Swiz, as you are the expert on this, would you explain the sugar tariff? It's been in place for years!
    Marv your example is proof that tariffs work to protect industries. The other side uses them more than us. If we truly believe in fair trade, strip all tariffs, require all players to follow certain environmental rules and safety protocols. Then turn the USA loose to compete fairly on the international market. Never happen without a fight.

Marvin read Payce and stop your typical ; deflection. Nonsequitor. . How about Boeing x sugar? Dp you read ? We have had tariffs since 1820-----This is not rocket science.

Marvin read Payce and stop your typical ; deflection. Nonsequitor. . How about Boeing x sugar? Dp you read ? We have had tariffs since 1820-----This is not rocket science.
    I asked you about sugar as it means the American consumer pays more while Rubio's
    sugar daddies benefit, at the American consumers expense. It's fairly simplistic but is
    easy to understand. Granted it is not at the level someone as learned as yourself on the
    subject would be capable of understanding.

The fact that most conditions & beneficiaries are known just means someone is either
    very incompetent on our end of the negotiating table or someone is benefitting on our
    side at US consumer expense.

You brought the subject up as you have many times. Explain to those who frequent this
    forum how you would fix it if you are capable of that. It's really quite simple .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by Payce View Post
    Stan nothing personal, but really tired of reading what I’ve already experienced. Personally as a USA based manufacture I got tired of competing against other countries product coming here with no tariff while everything our company shipped overseas often had a sizable tariff tacked on to it. Those imposing the tariffs would even state it was to protect their companies!!! Market after market lost as the “protected” industries, primarily from China, take over globally and we cower, afraid to impact anyone’s life. Heaven forbid little Johnny has to pay more for his $3000 carbon fiber bicycle. Or little Suzy has to pay $100 more for her iPhone 140z with hologram projection, facial recognition and battery that last 140 hours between charges. At least little Johnny is getting off the coach, okay another dig. We can continue down this path, which will completely gut our middle class, or finally fight to save the little we have left.
    Another first hand experience, I’ve negotiated contracts my whole life. When the other side doesn’t want any change to an agreement, it sure as h*ll isn’t because it’s fair to both sides! It’s because it favors them. Doesn’t anyone wonder why no one on the other side of the trade agreements (we are wanting to change), wants change? Do you really believe they have our best interest in mind?
    Always thought it was funny that other countries didn’t place a lot of tariffs on our food products coming to their shores. The one product that everyone needs and most (even controlling) governments want to keep costs down to prevent civil unrest AND allow the average person more disposable income to spend on material things.

I started blue collar and I’ll die with that mind set. Work hard, fight fair and don’t give in to bullies. Told all my kids, never start one, but never walk away and fight to win. As far as I’m concern that a solid way to live your life. We have for decades just kicked the can down the road, let special interest run our trade, and managed to the finite situation. All while ignoring the long term tend.

Everyone can now bring up their finite examples of how this group or that group will be hurt. That our economy will be slowed or that tariffs are evil. If they are so da**ed evil, why is the other side winning by using them???

Been off here for a while. Always try to listen, understand, and present logic in ways that confirm positions....the fight fair mindset. Not today. Not on this subject. This impacts and has impacted my family and friends. This has gutted the midwest overall (rust belt is a real area) and don’t bother me with Iowa having trouble hiring people. That is a anomaly on the downward trend and guess what.....the biggest reason most will tell you they can’t hire enough people, applicants can’t pass a drug test!! Either that or they are lazy, zero skills, and don’t even understand what a full days work is. Plenty of workers out there....they just won’t work.

Have a nice day.
    Thats getting to be a problem here too. Caesar's Entertainment group announced they would stop drug testing pre employment candidates...in Palm Springs Ca. they quit drug testing quite a few years ago because they couldn't hire enough staff to fulfill their seasonal rosters
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Marvin tired of your deflection. Winners and losers. Boeing got/gets 70% of the Ex-Im bank monies. Why are you so caught up with Rubio's sugar. I will let the "Donald" handle thai with the aid of Navarro. Still have not read any of Navarro or China's 2025 /230 Plans . Sad.