CH MH style studs - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CH MH style studs

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoLabs View Post
    I like amateur trained...eg dog is tractable enough to make progress easily with an amateur...but every amateur thinks their dog is amazing. And they have very little to compare it to...eg is "tractability" defined by person A the same as when its defined by person B? And if the amateur trained CH MH took 15 tries to get 6 passes, is that because of a poor handler or because the dog lacked talent? Most CH MH studs are a long ways from titling in 6/6. Jett is one of the more consistent ones. I'm more confident in an accurate evaluation by a good pro who trains 40+ dogs a year, or half a dozen unbiased spectators, than an evaluation by many owners.

IMO the other nice thing about pro trained is that they were successful in a traditional program. I want the dogs that do well with a wide variety of trainers and can fit in a traditional field training program without needing special treatment.

I've seen several of the Hidden Springs dogs run and they're not the style I'm after, but I've never gotten a good answer from Edna of how Goose compared to the others I've seen run. He did sire quite a few more MHs than most CH MH studs. Remitaz- Did you train your dog following a traditional program?

Thanks Nicole and Johanne!
    I saw Goose run Masters. He was nice. Ran with style and had some talent. I liked what I saw.
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I have a grand daughter , 10 weeks old . SUPER birdy and fearless!!! Here is a picture of Shiner and of my pup, her first time to the pond Grandpa Shiner.jpgheather first water.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoLabs View Post
    How about AFC Merganser's Aliho Ridge Runner, MH, RN, CGC? Conformation pedigree. Anyone seen him run?
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea MH QA2 "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Sight To Sea's The Contender MH ( by FC AFC Lane's Let's Get Ready to Rumble) Upcoming knucklehead
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able) king of the couch

Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!
    Owner www.sighttosealabs.com
    Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Here is a quick video of a basic retrieve from Jett. I will be picking up my puppy out of Jett and a confirmation based female that is also a SH and HRCH that is running MH this fall.

https://youtu.be/GZ2wCqqLAJU

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Timely thread for me. I've been out of the game several years since having kids, but I think it's time for a new puppy (kids are now 6 & 8). My boy Jet is from Topform that focused on both show and field (as evidenced by Edward CH MH QAA).

He was owner trained until we had our first child then I sent him to a trainer to go ahead and get the MH since he was ready (passed his first test 3 weeks later with trainer).

Can anyone point me to some litters that would be good to get a bitch from and then breed her to him later? (most likely will need to freeze some stuff as he's getting long in the tooth) Otherwise if someone is interested in breeding to him I would possibly be interested in a puppy depending on the breeding.

He is an EIC carrier, otherwise clear/good clearances. Yellow factored.

I did send him out to be shown once, which he won open black a couple of time iirc, but never got any points. Never really cared to put much more into it to get the CH.

Here's his pedigree: http://www.luckydogdl.com/puppies/au...t/Pedigree.JPG
    Entry express results: https://www.entryexpress.net/loggedi...3803&regtype=1

video of a retrieve during a hunt: https://vimeo.com/10300432
    Last edited by Sean H; 08-02-2018 at 08:48 AM.
    Topform's B-2 Spirit MH

Senior Member Last Frontier Labs's Avatar

I have used a few CH/MH with my field girls with very nice results. I really like the Male pup I kept from CH Yellow Rose's Rio Bravo. I am fairly certain his owner, Kay Scott still has semen available. Rio was trained by Angie Lindsey.
    Funny this post came up as I will pick up a Jett x Sage pup on Saturday. Sage is all conformation lines with HRCH and one pass from SH.
    Wish me luck.
    Sherri Young

"It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Sherri, my brother and I just drove down and picked up two black males from the Jett x Sage litter. We are incredibly excited to see what these two pups can do. My brother lives next door to me, so these pups will be growing up together. I will have a front row seat to see if these two boys can follow in their Mom and Dad's footsteps. We took this photo yesterday afternoon. Let me say that Allen Dykes, the owner/breeder of Sage, was incredible to work with, and generous with his time. I am also incredibly impressed with how well socialized the and confident the pups are. Thank you Allen!

Beau and Warren G.jpg
    Last edited by GoodDog; 08-13-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Senior Member Last Frontier Labs's Avatar

Lastfrontier's Special Agent "Gibbs"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sherri Young

"It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Glenhoma's Minister of Defense QA2

I'm biased but this guy is hard to beat in looks for a working retrievers in my opinion. Glenhoma's Minister of Defense QA2. Total package, Exceptional looks, QA2, OFA Excellent, EIC & CNM Clear, Top notch pedigree, family dog, and personal gun dog. https://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/p....asp?id=108959

Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

one kennel you might consider is Rhumbline. They've got a lot of nice MH/SH with show looks
    Kathleen

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you're not, in fact, just surrounded by a**holes" -William Gibson

A few pics of my CH/MH/HRCH Jett x HRCH/SH Sage pup. He is now 16 weeks old, loves to retrieve, loves the water, and I have high hopes. He doesn't have the same drive as my female out of an FC/AFC but he does have lots of go. So I am hoping for the best.
    Beau11.jpgBeau22.jpgBeau33.jpgBeau44.jpg
    Last edited by GoodDog; 10-22-2018 at 04:32 PM.