It's idiots like this who put ethical American hunters to shame. - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's idiots like this who put ethical American hunters to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    The odds of getting attacked by a Bobcat of Cougar while hunting are much less than winning the lottery so why on earth would you concern yourself?

Reality is something more people should try getting in touch with.
    Getting attacked by a cougar at one of our dove hunting after-parties is always a danger!
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

So John did you enjoy your cougar attack?

A- got a new IP address in Idaho. Lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Getting attacked by a cougar at one of our dove hunting after-parties is always a danger!
    We have that predatory species here in Canada too........very dangerous and cunning and the average heterosexual male has no chance avoiding capture.
    If I/we/you can't continue to advance our methods that focus on making training easier to learn/less painful for the dogs, we have no right to be training them. (Alec Sparks)

FTCH AFTCH NOREMAC'S UNDERTAKER (DIGGER)
    -Four time (Can) National/National Am. Finalist.......

AFTCH BARFLY'S DEADLY AIM (SNIPER)
    -2011 (Can)Derby Champion

BG'S ATTORNEY AT LAW (Weasel)
    -Open 2nd at 27 months

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEeuFHFb1fU

I remember when dove hunters used to dress, act and speak like gentlemen.
    And firing guns right over populated areas with men working in tractors?
    Come now! You've been out in that SoCal desert sun too long, boys!

PS- Is that a flammable fuel tank you're shooting in front of?
    I just noticed something Jon that has me curious. You stated in this post that you remember when dove hunters used to dress, act, and speak like gentlemen. That would suggest you were around them and possibly participated in dove hunts to come to that conclusion.

Over on the main board you said Howdy from Boise and how you are so new to wing shooting with a romanticized monologue.

Which is it?

We all have first amendment rights and can post our mind here. It is America after all. But I have to be honest with you, most of your posts and recently created threads are out there. Transgendered bird boys, Dictionary lookup of the meaning of the word Mark? I just question your intentions. Why did you join RTF? Are you here to learn about training a dog or troll this website?

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    My third observation is if you don't want to grow hunting as a sport and have it find acceptability with young people, let's make it a boring and lone activity where people are so serious and respectful of game that no one from the outside could possibly look at it and think that it could be fun.

Dove are delicious possibly my favorite protein on the planet. I like hunting dove in large groups in order to accumulate a number of birds sufficient to feed a horde at the after hunt party. Dove hunting is a social occasion and requires people in order to be social. If all you like is being alone I probably wouldn't like hunting with you. But hey I like the duck hunting the blind with 10 to 16 people there's nothing like and 80 bird limit and a little laughing and cutting up to make people enjoy your hunt.

I would hunt with those boys at that grain elevator site any day!

Perhaps because I did't grow up hunting with my dad and a bunch of his friends, or perhaps because ALL the land I have ever hunted on is private and everyone there had to have permission, I prefer to hunt dove alone or with one or maybe two other hunters. Same goes for duck hunting (the little of that I do), but I also spend lots of time alone in photo blinds, or possibly with one other photographer. In photography, animals need to come much closer than they do in general hunting, so being solitary ups the odds of getting the photo. I have NEVER seen a coyote or bobcat when I had anyone else in the blind. Solitude in nature can be very therapeutic. Folks dancing and joking around would probably annoy me.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I had the good fortune to grow up in a place where hunting was and is very good. I've shot enough limits with my buddies. While I do like 8-12 gun pheasant hunts, I prefer to be alone when I hunt or with my dad, whether bird or mammal.

While I don't carry a handgun to protect from mountain lions or terrorists, I see that as being an individual's prerogative.

I had a next door neighbor with an outdoor variety show. It ultimately revolved around an old motor home and alcoholic beverages, then transitioned into "pay to play" commercial "hunting" that was all about pimping the sponsors. My point is, this guy didn't know how to properly field dress and animal, let alone butcher one and that is the type of individual representing hunters in the media. Hunting is a big way in which I connect to God and nature. I don't like to see that experience mocked. At the same time, it really doesn't matter what I think as everyone is free to go about it their own way.
    Lucas Nogelmeier
    Don't train to get it right, train to never get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Can you elaborate on what the statement above means?

RFP
    This guy has taken a very short time to show who he is.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

[email protected] Very little moderating is ever done in POTUS. However, when I receive multiple complaints about certain language or attempts to disguise certain words, posts will be deleted.

Please remember that RTF is viewed by adults as well as our minor members.
    Vicky
    ADMIN

http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"