Sporting Life Retriever TV on Amazon Prime
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Sporting Life Retriever TV on Amazon Prime

Default Sporting Life Retriever TV on Amazon Prime

Hey folks, you may have seen this already, but since I'm currently sitting around the house in a leg cast, I've been forced into being a couch potato for a little while. The good thing is I found this series on waterfowl dogs included with amazon prime: Sporting Life Retriever TV

Not sure how good it is yet, I think it just shows the relationship between different people and their waterfowl dogs. Awesome hunting footage in there so far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Watched it when I had shoulder surgery this winter, good tv geared to the sportsman. Wish there was more of it out there. A couple will bring a tear to a dog lovers eye.....

Sounds like good medicine when I have knee replacement next month

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I record all the bird hunting shows. This one is one of my least favorites. It is a big commercial for this guys kennel. The tips are very simplistic and most of the training looks like it’s on a golf course. Not realistic at all. I remember one where a girl came home from college and took her dog training which was sitting at her side and throwing a bumper on a lawn. To me that’s not training.

I did think it is was a lot of story, not enough tips, but I'll watch it nonetheless - I like watching the dogs work. Any other recommendations for bird hunting shows you mention? I have a lot of time to kill this week...

I know these folks, they are quality people that breed and train great dogs, and they hunt hard as anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchell View Post
    I record all the bird hunting shows. This one is one of my least favorites. It is a big commercial for this guys kennel. The tips are very simplistic and most of the training looks like it’s on a golf course. Not realistic at all. I remember one where a girl came home from college and took her dog training which was sitting at her side and throwing a bumper on a lawn. To me that’s not training.
    I've only watched an episode and a half, but I agree that it looks like an infomercial disguised as a hunting show. Reminds me a little of that Honey Brake show in that regard. Probably a pretty good marketing move. I'll watch another episode or two to give it a chance.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    I've only watched an episode and a half, but I agree that it looks like an infomercial disguised as a hunting show. Reminds me a little of that Honey Brake show in that regard. Probably a pretty good marketing move. I'll watch another episode or two to give it a chance.
    No doubt. It costs money to produce a hunting show.