RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Custom Dog Box

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Chipper31 
#1 ·
Has anyone had a dog box from the custom dog box company from Alabama?

#3 ·
I have one. Bought it used. So far like it, except I wish they had put the door hinges on the inside so that the boxes could easily be accessed (opened, shut, locked) from the side of the truck. Stout box and very spacious for two dogs (I have a 2 dog model with top storage). Also sometimes wish there was narrow grating over the ventilation bars to prevent idiot people from putting their fingers/hands through. Maybe they do that with their new boxes.

#5 ·
Yes the box is insulated. It helps with keeping the box cool in the summer. I suppose it will help in the winter... My box came with heavy rubber mats on the floor... thinking that the former owner put those in.....

For winter boxes, I think straw bedding can't be beat. In Alaska, huskies are transported in un-insulated plywood dog boxes with vent holes on the doors. Mushers use straw inside for warmth and I don't think have any problem keeping their dogs warm, even when driving 60 mph down a hwy when outdoor temps are 20-40 below zero.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.