Winger review - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Winger review

  1. #21
    Member gauge1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southeast ohio
    Posts
    67

    Default

    nice review Don , going to have to check them out
    --------RPM RETRIVER TRAINING PRODUCTS ( RUN ON RED )
    CHSD RPM,S MESSENGER OF MISCHIEF ( RAVEN )
    RPM,S PURE PANDAMONIUM ( PANDA )
    RPM,S PAYIN THE PRICE ( PYPER )
    RPM, FADE TO BLACK ( ONXY )
    RPM,S NEVER CRY UNCLE ( MERCY )

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Junior Member RayDay312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Oh, nice videos.) Thanks for the review.

  4. #23
    Senior Member bakbay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Creedmoor, TX
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Received one of the "Realistic" models Tuesday and spent yesterday and today field testing it. I own 5 Zingers including two of the originals that had the funky release. I am very impressed with the Slinger winger design. Features that I especially like: the easy opening setup that does not require pins on the hinges, the easy to use release with easily removed spent primers, the easy mounting of electronics and the fact that electronics of any polarity is acceptable (that means Dogtra and TriTronics are interchangeable), the adjustable front legs which allows for different angle throws while the base remains stable because the legs do not have to be stretched out.
    Bruce Bachert Bakbay Labradors
    [email protected] www.bakbay.com
    Creedmoor, TX (near Austin)

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    26

    Default

    How does the "Realistic" model throw with ducks, Dokken, and bumpers compare to the Ziners that you have, both height and distance?

  7. #25
    Senior Member Don Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Johnstown, OH
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Wick View Post
    How does the "Realistic" model throw with ducks, Dokken, and bumpers compare to the Ziners that you have, both height and distance?
    I normally use only ducks, but I haven't noticed a difference on the high hooks. I've seen no need to move the bands down to the low hooks. Maybe if I have time, I'll set my Realistic up right next to my Zinger and launch them side by side. In addition, the primer from the Realistic is much louder than from either my Zinger and my Gunners Ups. That's probably because the primer doesn't explode into a "chamber" at the base of the winger. I've honestly considered selling all my other wingers (6 total) and replacing them with Realistics.
    HRCH Meglyn's Maramaxx Daisycutter MH-30 (Daisy)
    SHR Meglyn's Eye on the Prize JH (Molly)
    Meglyn's Timbrhuntn ValleyGirl (Lilly)
    Meglyn's Prime Time to Leave Me Lucille SH (Lucy)
    Meglyn's Lionheart MH (Little Guy)
    Meglyn-Firemark's I am NOT a Lab SH (Goldie)
    Meglyn's Lil Miss Sureshot SH CGCA(Annie)
    In memory of Chevy, HR Meglyn's Silverado Slim SH, July 20, 2006, HR Meglyn's Blue Ridge Belle MH, July 19, 2008 and HRCH Meglyn's Honest Abe MH, Aug 9, 2014.

    www.meglynretrievers.com

  8. #26
    Senior Member Bryan Parks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Smith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by James Wick View Post
    How does the "Realistic" model throw with ducks, Dokken, and bumpers compare to the Ziners that you have, both height and distance?
    I normally use only ducks, but I haven't noticed a difference on the high hooks. I've seen no need to move the bands down to the low hooks. Maybe if I have time, I'll set my Realistic up right next to my Zinger and launch them side by side. In addition, the primer from the Realistic is much louder than from either my Zinger and my Gunners Ups. That's probably because the primer doesn't explode into a "chamber" at the base of the winger. I've honestly considered selling all my other wingers (6 total) and replacing them with Realistics.
    There is no reason i can think of where I'd need to throw anything further than the Slingers can throw. I haven't set them up side by side but I haven't noticed any difference.

    I keep mine on the higher hooks 90% of the time and they throw ducks just fine. A few times I've had to pull them down to the lower hooks just due to terrain features where I needed a long throw....and it really launches!

    I did sell all my Zingers and bought brand new Slingers.
    HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded

  9. #27
    Senior Member Don Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Johnstown, OH
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Parks View Post
    There is no reason i can think of where I'd need to throw anything further than the Slingers can throw. I haven't set them up side by side but I haven't noticed any difference.

    I keep mine on the higher hooks 90% of the time and they throw ducks just fine. A few times I've had to pull them down to the lower hooks just due to terrain features where I needed a long throw....and it really launches!

    [bold]I did sell all my Zingers and bought brand new Slingers.[/bold]
    Exactly what I've been thinking. Plus, at $100+ less that the others, I might not take much of a financial hit.
    HRCH Meglyn's Maramaxx Daisycutter MH-30 (Daisy)
    SHR Meglyn's Eye on the Prize JH (Molly)
    Meglyn's Timbrhuntn ValleyGirl (Lilly)
    Meglyn's Prime Time to Leave Me Lucille SH (Lucy)
    Meglyn's Lionheart MH (Little Guy)
    Meglyn-Firemark's I am NOT a Lab SH (Goldie)
    Meglyn's Lil Miss Sureshot SH CGCA(Annie)
    In memory of Chevy, HR Meglyn's Silverado Slim SH, July 20, 2006, HR Meglyn's Blue Ridge Belle MH, July 19, 2008 and HRCH Meglyn's Honest Abe MH, Aug 9, 2014.

    www.meglynretrievers.com

  10. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Corinth MS
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    I just got a slinger to add to my equipment. I have 4 zingers and have been pleased with them, I waited for them to do the sale and was going to get another zinger but they never put them on sale so I opted for the slinger. Its been to the field twice so far and thrown 4 marks for 12 dogs and I've pleased so far. Seems well built and lightweight, anxious to see how it holds up not so much to use but being transported in the storage on my trailer.
    "Proud Member of Black Labs Matter Movement"

  11. #29
    Senior Member pwyxit63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    brick, nj
    Posts
    139

    Default

    ready to pull the trigger on 3 to replace aging zingers.....realistic or original? which are you using?

  12. #30
    Senior Member Don Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Johnstown, OH
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwyxit63 View Post
    ready to pull the trigger on 3 to replace aging zingers.....realistic or original? which are you using?
    The Realistic. It's a little less expensive, throws very acceptable marks and, a credit to Scott, the owner, if you try to order the Original, he'll encourage you to get the Realistic instead. That's what he uses. You'll be pleased.
    HRCH Meglyn's Maramaxx Daisycutter MH-30 (Daisy)
    SHR Meglyn's Eye on the Prize JH (Molly)
    Meglyn's Timbrhuntn ValleyGirl (Lilly)
    Meglyn's Prime Time to Leave Me Lucille SH (Lucy)
    Meglyn's Lionheart MH (Little Guy)
    Meglyn-Firemark's I am NOT a Lab SH (Goldie)
    Meglyn's Lil Miss Sureshot SH CGCA(Annie)
    In memory of Chevy, HR Meglyn's Silverado Slim SH, July 20, 2006, HR Meglyn's Blue Ridge Belle MH, July 19, 2008 and HRCH Meglyn's Honest Abe MH, Aug 9, 2014.

    www.meglynretrievers.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •