Banns and Deletions
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Banns and Deletions

Default Banns and Deletions

I have been quite busy but today, the weather is miserable and there are no ducks. I have also wanted to think before starting this thread.

I am almost positive that I started the thread, discussing the pros and cons of banning someone on this forum. The discussion was lively but, in my opinion, not inappropriate. One morning, I woke up only to find that the thread had been deleted. I was not the one to delete the thread. I had not had any communication with any administrators, nor any criticism concerning the thread. Trying to understand how the thread could have been deleted, I can only conclude that the administrators deleted it, or I had been hacked or the system had been hacked.

It also has surprised me that there was not a single question by anyone here as to why the thread had been deleted. Not a single person sent me a PM nor has anyone here questioned the absence of the thread. My question is what if anything did any here think when the thread disappeared.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

The irrigation canal formaly known as the Rio Grande

Maybe you were frogleap?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Maybe you were frogleap?
    Nope. I quit using that ID when I managed to get back on using my old account. By the way, the account you speak of was "frogjump", an actual community where my mother's family grew up in Crockett County Tennessee.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

I just did a review of your latest 500 posts as caryalsobrook as well as 161 posts as frogjump. These 2018 posts did not appear to have a discussion regarding pros and cons of banning someone on this forum. You did start a thread "Former Posters" as frogjump which did have some mention of people who had either left voluntarily or were banned by ADMIN. (BTW, in that thread someone claimed that Gooser was banned due to issues with Moderators. That is totally false. He has not been banned and did not have any issues with Moderators. I was the only Moderator at the time that Gooser was posting and we had no issues with each other. Truth is, he is one of my favorite people and I consider him a dear friend!)

Since the time that Chris sold RTF, the new owners keep all threads/posts that have been deleted, either by ADMIN, Moderators or the individual who started the thread. A review of those threads/posts under your 2 usernames reveal only 5 posts deleted from the Test Forum where you were posting to get your count up and 2 threads wherein you advertised Lab puppies for sale.

So, it seems that perhaps you did not start the thread you referenced or it never existed at all.

Normally, I would not have spent any time looking into this, but I am currently recuperating from a severe injury and totally bored.
    Vicky
    ADMIN

http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Trainor View Post
    I just did a review of your latest 500 posts as caryalsobrook as well as 161 posts as frogjump. These 2018 posts did not appear to have a discussion regarding pros and cons of banning someone on this forum. You did start a thread "Former Posters" as frogjump which did have some mention of people who had either left voluntarily or were banned by ADMIN. (BTW, in that thread someone claimed that Gooser was banned due to issues with Moderators. That is totally false. He has not been banned and did not have any issues with Moderators. I was the only Moderator at the time that Gooser was posting and we had no issues with each other. Truth is, he is one of my favorite people and I consider him a dear friend!)

Since the time that Chris sold RTF, the new owners keep all threads/posts that have been deleted, either by ADMIN, Moderators or the individual who started the thread. A review of those threads/posts under your 2 usernames reveal only 5 posts deleted from the Test Forum where you were posting to get your count up and 2 threads wherein you advertised Lab puppies for sale.

So, it seems that perhaps you did not start the thread you referenced or it never existed at all.

Normally, I would not have spent any time looking into this, but I am currently recuperating from a severe injury and totally bored.
    Wow must be really bored! Lol

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery from your injury!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    (05/20/03-12/19/16)
    HRCH UH Scott's Little Pistol SH (Annie)
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member

Cary, why are you back on the banned wagon? Let it go!
    HR Cut to the Chase UD

“Undoubtedly there will be moments of disappointment as you venture through the landmines of injuries, failures, and other setbacks. Remember that the joy of the journey is worth the difficulties along the way. Don’t let anyone steal that joy. Guard it well, and at the end of the road you can own it and revel in it, with all the other memories of the trip.” Connie Cleveland

already taken up too much “bandwidth”, but fun reading.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery Ms. Trainor. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.
    My concurrence is so vigorous that elucidation becomes a challenge I must now, in the interest of time, shrink from.

Roseberry

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Cary, why are you back on the banned wagon? Let it go!
    Why hello Sandie!! I believe you did make the last post on the thread I mentioned. Come to think of it I do believe that RK also made a few posts,too. I know there were others but don't remember the rest of them.

I do hope Vicki's recovery is complete and swift. But then again, all of it may be my imagination as well as her.