GDG Ducks GDG
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: GDG Ducks GDG

Default GDG Ducks GDG

Is anyone having an average to above average year?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I know several groups that are having a record year. The Missouri river had been flooded for most of the duck season in Ne/Ia, we have more incredible duck habitat than we've has in decades with 1000's of acres of flooded corn. Access might not be easy, but we do have ducks still.

Terrible down south. Ok/TX haven't had big pushes of birds yet and hunting is tough. Weather patterns have left the ones here stale and difficult to hunt.
    4xGMPR HRCH UH Blackjack's Gen. Stonewall Jackson MH - at stud

https://www.retrievertraining.net/for...MH-Yellow-Male

Originally Posted by FOM "you're welcome....unicorns, skittles and rainbow farts...."

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Seems like for the last 6 years or so each year I go to Arkansas gets worse. Ive heard all of the theories. No weather, changing in farming, nocturnal ducks, hunting pressure, heated ponds, too much flooded corn, refuge's etc. it seems everyone I talk to is down this year. I don't know a lot of people in the central, and pacific flyways, and was wondering how there doing. Obviously the weather has been getting weirder over the last several years, and seems to be our major issue. Flooded corn and heated ponds can't be the issue in my opinion. I just figured this forum has a lot of people from all flyways, and I wanted to see how everyone is doing

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Balzer View Post
    Terrible down south. Ok/TX haven't had big pushes of birds yet and hunting is tough. Weather patterns have left the ones here stale and difficult to hunt.
    On average, North Texas had been pretty poor, thus far.
    David Cuthbertson

G-Man's Spy Keeper "Rahab"
    HR G-Man's Texas Trick Shot QA2 "Annie"
    HRCH Trumarc's Super Splash SH "Splash" (1994-2009)

"Brother, a trial is not to see what your dog would do in a day's hunt, but what he will do under extraordinary conditions, judged by unusual people, and watched by an unusual gallery." (Charles Morgan on Retrievers)

I have zero sympathy for you folks. I'm working the missile sites in the 60's in ND. Hundreds of thousands of ducks
    of all types until things froze over. The limit in ND was 1 of any species while the folks down South had a limit of 4
    or 5 depending on their state. Though the ND delegation tried they were outvoted by the Southern Democrats, ND
    being mostly a Republican state. So all I can post is HaHAHaHaHa .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!