Pop up ads - Page 5
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop up ads

Quote Originally Posted by mlp267 View Post
    This happened to me last week on both my IPad and IPhone (both apple). They were apple pop-ups too. No way to get rid of the pop-ups except to get off the website. But it would come right back on next time I opened the site. This is the first time it hasn’t happened in a week so maybe something good has happened.
    The address for the ones I get is happy.uslucky.club and the greeting is”Dear Apple User”. I don’t think they are generated by Apple.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

My iOS devices had terrible popup issues with this site. After a couple of weeks of trial, I feel confident to announce that Switching to a different browser solved my issue. I switched from Safari to Firefox Focus and the issue has not returned. I suspect that Chrome would work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegoose View Post
    My iOS devices had terrible popup issues with this site. After a couple of weeks of trial, I feel confident to announce that Switching to a different browser solved my issue. I switched from Safari to Firefox Focus and the issue has not returned. I suspect that Chrome would work as well.
    I put Firefox Focus on my iPad with the thoughts of using it for this site. Happy to report that the site looks exactly the same as my desktop computer and so far no pop ups. If you check the other thread i posted an article that mentioned Chrome being vulnerable to hacking.
    Nate Baxter, DVM
    Clarksville, OH

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Never open that kind of Pop-ads. It is completely fraud!

I get the pop ups on my IPad. This site is beginning to suck. They are allowing it
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH, QAA2 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH, QAA2 8/5/05-3/20/18
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE, WDQ, QAA2, MH (SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY QAA, MH (Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Well, I finally got logged in to RTF. I must have attempted to log in at least ten times. When this
    "issue" first began "this morning", I received a prompt "warning me" that I had an issue with my
    computer that needed to be corrected.....immediately! Yah right!

After closing down my computer, it took about 10 attempts to log back in. Typed in the required
    entries and when going to a forum, the user name and password entries reverted to "not being
    there any more". Therefore, I will take a two week "vacation" and see what transpires.

Of course, I have no idea what I will do with all the extra time that now has become available to
    do something else

On a side not, almost all the "visits" noted in my profile are from "names" that NEVER post on this forum.
    What's with that.....I ask again?

Of course any reply to this post will not be read for two weeks.

Jim Boyer aka KwickLabs
    Jim Boyer KwickLabsii.com

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

When issues are noted in a thread that has already been started, I don't get any notification. I just don't have the time to read every thread.

The best option to alert me or admin2 is by sending a private message.

I am sending an alert to the owners of RTF.

Quote Originally Posted by KwickLabs View Post
    Well, I finally got logged in to RTF. I must have attempted to log in at least ten times. When this
    "issue" first began "this morning", I received a prompt "warning me" that I had an issue with my
    computer that needed to be corrected.....immediately! Yah right!

After closing down my computer, it took about 10 attempts to log back in. Typed in the required
    entries and when going to a forum, the user name and password entries reverted to "not being
    there any more". Therefore, I will take a two week "vacation" and see what transpires.

Of course, I have no idea what I will do with all the extra time that now has become available to
    do something else

On a side not, almost all the "visits" noted in my profile are from "names" that NEVER post on this forum.
    What's with that.....I ask again?

Of course any reply to this post will not be read for two weeks.

Jim Boyer aka KwickLabs
    Vicky
    ADMIN

http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Quote Originally Posted by KwickLabs View Post
    Well, I finally got logged in to RTF. I must have attempted to log in at least ten times. When this "issue" first began "this morning", I received a prompt "warning me" that I had an issue with my computer that needed to be corrected.....immediately! Yah right! After closing down my computer, it took about 10 attempts to log back in. Typed in the required entries and when going to a forum, the user name and password entries reverted to "not being there any more". Therefore, I will take a two week "vacation" and see what transpires. Of course, I have no idea what I will do with all the extra time that now has become available to do something else. On a side not, almost all the "visits" noted in my profile are from "names" that NEVER post on this forum. What's with that.....I ask again? Of course any reply to this post will not be read for two weeks. Jim Boyer aka KwickLabs

Can you take a screen shot of this and post it here? we're trying to understand what you guys are seeing but sometimes it's a little difficult when we don't have the same issues happening on our end.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by admin2 View Post
    Can you take a screen shot of this and post it here? we're trying to understand what you guys are seeing but sometimes it's a little difficult when we don't have the same issues happening on our end.

Lee
    I tried that but the only way to clear the ad is to close the program, once you log back in the pop up occurs prior to the ability to post. I will try to take a picture of the ad on my IPhone with the IPad and export the picture that way.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    I tried that but the only way to clear the ad is to close the program, once you log back in the pop up occurs prior to the ability to post. I will try to take a picture of the ad on my IPhone with the IPad and export the picture that way.
    Ed, I captured one for you.

Ken

8ECAC248-1E8E-417B-9D96-D83C51FDA226.jpg