RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Pop up ads

17K views 90 replies 41 participants last post by  Kenneth Niles Bora 
#1 ·
I keep getting pop up ads from Google saying I'm the lucky winner on this Saturday and I get $1,000 gift card anybody else getting this crap

#38 ·
Note to the new owners of he RTF...your site is no longer secure , I use a Mac for everyday use and it allows me to access your site, but I just spent the last few minutes deleting potential malware that showed up from here while I was perusing the site with my virtually new Android tablet...

If you really care about continued viewership from existing members I strongly suggest you take appropriate steps to make your site secure....The health of my computer system is far more valuable than the current content and risk involved in exposing my computer to possible malware and unwanted cookies from your platform and possibly your advertisers

#39 ·
I continue to receive "You are a winner in a Apple drawing" when I access this site on any Apple product. I cannot access the site using an Apple product due to the constant You are a winner pop up. No problem on the Microsoft site.

#40 ·
This happened to me last week on both my IPad and IPhone (both apple). They were apple pop-ups too. No way to get rid of the pop-ups except to get off the website. But it would come right back on next time I opened the site. This is the first time it hasn’t happened in a week so maybe something good has happened.

#41 ·
The address for the ones I get is happy.uslucky.club and the greeting is”Dear Apple User”. I don’t think they are generated by Apple.

#42 ·
My iOS devices had terrible popup issues with this site. After a couple of weeks of trial, I feel confident to announce that Switching to a different browser solved my issue. I switched from Safari to Firefox Focus and the issue has not returned. I suspect that Chrome would work as well.

#43 ·
I put Firefox Focus on my iPad with the thoughts of using it for this site. Happy to report that the site looks exactly the same as my desktop computer and so far no pop ups. If you check the other thread i posted an article that mentioned Chrome being vulnerable to hacking.

#45 ·
I get the pop ups on my IPad. This site is beginning to suck. They are allowing it

#46 ·
Well, I finally got logged in to RTF. I must have attempted to log in at least ten times. When this
"issue" first began "this morning", I received a prompt "warning me" that I had an issue with my
computer that needed to be corrected.....immediately! Yah right!

After closing down my computer, it took about 10 attempts to log back in. Typed in the required
entries and when going to a forum, the user name and password entries reverted to "not being
there any more". Therefore, I will take a two week "vacation" and see what transpires.

Of course, I have no idea what I will do with all the extra time that now has become available to
do something else

On a side not, almost all the "visits" noted in my profile are from "names" that NEVER post on this forum.
What's with that.....I ask again?

Of course any reply to this post will not be read for two weeks.

Jim Boyer aka KwickLabs

#47 ·
When issues are noted in a thread that has already been started, I don't get any notification. I just don't have the time to read every thread.

The best option to alert me or admin2 is by sending a private message.

I am sending an alert to the owners of RTF.

Well, I finally got logged in to RTF. I must have attempted to log in at least ten times. When this
"issue" first began "this morning", I received a prompt "warning me" that I had an issue with my
computer that needed to be corrected.....immediately! Yah right!

After closing down my computer, it took about 10 attempts to log back in. Typed in the required
entries and when going to a forum, the user name and password entries reverted to "not being
there any more". Therefore, I will take a two week "vacation" and see what transpires.

Of course, I have no idea what I will do with all the extra time that now has become available to
do something else

On a side not, almost all the "visits" noted in my profile are from "names" that NEVER post on this forum.
What's with that.....I ask again?

Of course any reply to this post will not be read for two weeks.

Jim Boyer aka KwickLabs

#51 ·
There is no way the administrator doesn’t know about this. In fact they may be paid a fee for this type of advertisement.

#66 · (Edited)
I updated my iPhone 8 several weeks ago to version 12.2 and significantly decreased my pop-ups, however I was frequently having threads or PM notes freeze.

Last week the latest update 12.3 came out. I've updated that and have had no pop ups and no freezing as of this post.

Note, this is using the "stock" browser - Safari.

For those experiencing pop ups on iPhones, I'd recommend making sure your operating system is the latest version.

Chris

#69 ·
I switched from Safari to Firefox to get away from these annoying pop-ups, and it worked for quite awhile. But now they’re back with Firefox with a vengeance. Running an iPad Pro with ios 12.4. Might have to try Chrome, but can barely use the site as is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.