Tariffs - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Tariffs

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    8,329

    Default

    FEI - Stanley, Black & Decker will move their entire production of Craftsman tools from
    China back to the US. What won't be coming back is the institutional knowledge created
    in China.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

    Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Don't believe a word coming from Trump's mouth.

    CONSUMERS AND PRODUCERS PAY THE COST OF TARIFFS!

    Trump's entire approach to negotiating with the China is poorly thought out. Instead of focusing on one issue at a time like Intellectual Property Rights, Trump is escalating it to a no win situation for the U S. This COST of everything from autos/trucks to consumer goods will increase in cost.

    Farm aide due to tariffs in now approaching 20 Billion with no end in site.

    Soy bean farmers may lose the Chinese market forever in Russia is successful in meeting futures contracts with China on soy bean deliveries. Same with pork if other countries are capable of meeting China's demand.

    Trump has ridden the successes put into motion by his predecessor in regards to the economy. Trump's EOs lifting clean air and water regs have only allowed for some industries to pollute. Like allowing coal companies to now dump waste into rivers. They haven't contributed to the economy. The overhaul of our tax code isn't producing the revenue we were told it would. If anything, companies are using the financial windfall to buy back their own stock. All the while escalating the Nat'l Debt by well over a TRILLION a year.

    Like everything else Trump has touched has turned into a disaster, so will our economy!

    He is a failed businessman with multiple bankruptcies. His father kept him afloat until he got his TV show. That allowed him to build his brand which is his name. That allowed him to use his name in becoming a franchise hotel operation. Now, that name has become a liability for his franchisees. And, we know that much of his financial success over the last 20 years has to do with highly questionable business practices with dirty Russian and Saudi money.

    The guy is a phony, a con artist and a pathological liar that is destroying our economy, our Constitution, our leadership and our credibility around the world!
    Part of what you said about tariffs is true. But as usual, you left out is crucial. Ever since we have traded with China, it has pt tariffs on the products we export to it. Onc e let them in the World Trade Orgnization, it has been worse. We have filed grevances and complaints against Cina because of their violations but to no avail. Like China, the rest, especially Europe, has seen that we "tote the freight". We cannot survive with a 500 billion trade dficit per year with China and SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE.

    FACT IS that previous administrations' efforts to deal with the problem, have been futile. As usual, you offer no solution to the problem. You simply rant and rave about Trump. You offer nothing but vile and biggoted diluge of crap.

    To bad yo have turned into the person you are.

  4. #13
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Part of what you said about tariffs is true. But as usual, you left out is crucial. Ever since we have traded with China, it has pt tariffs on the products we export to it. Onc e let them in the World Trade Orgnization, it has been worse. We have filed grevances and complaints against Cina because of their violations but to no avail. Like China, the rest, especially Europe, has seen that we "tote the freight". We cannot survive with a 500 billion trade dficit per year with China and SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE.

    FACT IS that previous administrations' efforts to deal with the problem, have been futile. As usual, you offer no solution to the problem. You simply rant and rave about Trump. You offer nothing but vile and biggoted diluge of crap.

    To bad yo have turned into the person you are.

    Trade imbalance with China only means we consume/buy more than what we sell to them. Mainly because we have a consumer economy for those type goods.

    But hey, according to you, no need to worry about Trump placing deficit spending on steroids and growing the National debt by 1.5 TRILLION a year! In my book, a bigger danger to our freedoms than any trade imbalance.

    Like I wrote before, EVERYTHING Trump touches turns into crap!

    Last edited by Franco; 05-19-2019 at 08:43 AM.
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."










  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Don't believe a word coming from Trump's mouth.

    CONSUMERS AND PRODUCERS PAY THE COST OF TARIFFS!

    Trump's entire approach to negotiating with the China is poorly thought out. Instead of focusing on one issue at a time like Intellectual Property Rights, Trump is escalating it to a no win situation for the U S. This COST of everything from autos/trucks to consumer goods will increase in cost.

    Farm aide due to tariffs in now approaching 20 Billion with no end in site.

    Soy bean farmers may lose the Chinese market forever in Russia is successful in meeting futures contracts with China on soy bean deliveries. Same with pork if other countries are capable of meeting China's demand.

    Trump has ridden the successes put into motion by his predecessor in regards to the economy. Trump's EOs lifting clean air and water regs have only allowed for some industries to pollute. Like allowing coal companies to now dump waste into rivers. They haven't contributed to the economy. The overhaul of our tax code isn't producing the revenue we were told it would. If anything, companies are using the financial windfall to buy back their own stock. All the while escalating the Nat'l Debt by well over a TRILLION a year.

    Like everything else Trump has touched has turned into a disaster, so will our economy!

    He is a failed businessman with multiple bankruptcies. His father kept him afloat until he got his TV show. That allowed him to build his brand which is his name. That allowed him to use his name in becoming a franchise hotel operation. Now, that name has become a liability for his franchisees. And, we know that much of his financial success over the last 20 years has to do with highly questionable business practices with dirty Russian and Saudi money.

    The guy is a phony, a con artist and a pathological liar that is destroying our economy, our Constitution, our leadership and our credibility around the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Trade imbalance with China only means we consume/buy more than what we sell to them. Mainly because we have a consumer economy for those type goods.

    But hey, according to you, no need to worry about Trump placing deficit spending on steroids and growing the National debt by 1.5 TRILLION a year! In my book, a bigger danger to our freedoms than any trade imbalance.

    Like I wrote before, EVERYTHING Trump touches turns into crap!

    Every time you make a post that is either the height of stupidity or lying(I can't tell whether either or both) you surpass yourself.

    Let me take your 2nd sentence of your 1st post and I quote "CONSUMERS AND PRODUCERS PAY THE COSTS OF TARIFFS" and that is TRUE. Consumers and producers DO pay the cost of tariffs, in BOTH countries!!! Ever since China was admitted to the WTO, it has initiated tariffs that while hurting its producers(of products that would normally come from trade), it has benefitted those producers that produce a product that could have been aquired from us. That LIMITS our trade with China. You say we have a "consumer economy". That is BECAUSE we are restricted by Chinese tariffs from selling those products BY TARIFFS, you idiot!!

    I am not sure about China but he OFFERED to eliminate ALL TARIFFS between the US and Canada, which Canada rejected. Why, because it would actually benefit both countries. At least he understands more about free trade(NO TARIFFS) than you do. So if he is an idiot, then you are worse and I must be giving you more credit than you deserve.

    As usual, you throw so much in your vitriol that a post by me would be too long to respond. I will just say that this is an example of your bias that is also reflected in the ret of your post.

    PS

    Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum were not initiated until 2018. You may need to check your trade deficit before you claim that it has grown since then.
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 05-19-2019 at 12:14 PM.

  7. #15
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Every time you make a post that is either the height of stupidity or lying(I can't tell whether either or both) you surpass yourself.

    Let me take your 2nd sentence of your 1st post and I quote "CONSUMERS AND PRODUCERS PAY THE COSTS OF TARIFFS" and that is TRUE. Consumers and producers DO pay the cost of tariffs, in BOTH countries!!! Ever since China was admitted to the WTO, it has initiated tariffs that while hurting its producers(of products that would normally come from trade), it has benefitted those producers that produce a product that could have been aquired from us. That LIMITS our trade with China. You say we have a "consumer economy". That is BECAUSE we are restricted by Chinese tariffs from selling those products BY TARIFFS, you idiot!!

    I get it, lets tank the economy because China makes products that American consumers want. And, if you think China is going to change their protectionist ways because of tariffs, you are as dumb as Trump. We had the TPP which was designed to limit China's trade influence. Your boy did away with the TPP without knowing anything about it, only that Obama supported it. Then, Trump after realizing ending the TPP was a bad decision suggested it be revived!The TPP was our biggest bargaining chip and Trump just tossed it away.

    I am not sure about China but he OFFERED to eliminate ALL TARIFFS between the US and Canada, which Canada rejected. Why, because it would actually benefit both countries. At least he understands more about free trade(NO TARIFFS) than you do. So if he is an idiot, then you are worse and I must be giving you more credit than you deserve.

    As usual, you throw so much in your vitriol that a post by me would be too long to respond. I will just say that this is an example of your bias that is also reflected in the ret of your post.

    PS

    Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum were not initiated until 2018. You may need to check your trade deficit before you claim that it has grown since then.
    You need to check your facts.

    Trade deficit grew by 40billion in 2018.

    The U.S. trade deficit with China was $419 billion in 2018. The trade deficit exists because U.S. exports to China were only $120 billion while imports from China were $540 billion.
    https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-china...utions-3306277

    Farm exports may never recover to 2016 levels.
    Other countries have pledge to fill the corn and soybean through Futures Contracts.

    China's biggest imports from America are commercial aircraft, soybeans, and autos. In 2018, China canceled its soybean imports after President Trumpstarted a trade war.

    Look at the chart, trade deficits with China are growing, NOT getting smaller since Trump started his trade war.
    https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-china...utions-3306277
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."










  8. #16
    Senior Member nogie1717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Watertown, SD
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Every time you make a post that is either the height of stupidity or lying(I can't tell whether either or both) you surpass yourself.

    Let me take your 2nd sentence of your 1st post and I quote "CONSUMERS AND PRODUCERS PAY THE COSTS OF TARIFFS" and that is TRUE. Consumers and producers DO pay the cost of tariffs, in BOTH countries!!! Ever since China was admitted to the WTO, it has initiated tariffs that while hurting its producers(of products that would normally come from trade), it has benefitted those producers that produce a product that could have been aquired from us. That LIMITS our trade with China. You say we have a "consumer economy". That is BECAUSE we are restricted by Chinese tariffs from selling those products BY TARIFFS, you idiot!!
    That's a pretty broad stroke. With production costs dramatically lower in China, the items manufactured there will still be cheap enough that shipping them across an ocean and half of a continent is still more cost effective than having it produced here. Until their labor catches up, which although growing is still nowhere near levels seen in the Western world, or Americans are willing to sacrifice big time in order to be competitive, we are going to have a trade deficit with China.

    I'm not saying that there aren't American commodities that have suffered due to Chinese tariffs in the past, but the situation goes far beyond that to say that its one thing or another.
    Lucas Nogelmeier
    Don't train to get it right, train to never get it wrong

  9. #17
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,089

    Default

    "China is not affected by this. They continue to manufacture the goods they want. They continue to sell them for the price they want. We continue to import them. We continue to pay the tariff."

    Gary Cohen, Trump's x-Chief Economic adviser.

    Bottom line is that Trump's trade war is all tactics with zero strategy! It started with ceding the TPP and getting nothing in return.
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."










  10. #18
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,807

    Default

    “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

    -- Theodore Roosevelt

  11. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nogie1717 View Post
    That's a pretty broad stroke. With production costs dramatically lower in China, the items manufactured there will still be cheap enough that shipping them across an ocean and half of a continent is still more cost effective than having it produced here. Until their labor catches up, which although growing is still nowhere near levels seen in the Western world, or Americans are willing to sacrifice big time in order to be competitive, we are going to have a trade deficit with China.

    I'm not saying that there aren't American commodities that have suffered due to Chinese tariffs in the past, but the situation goes far beyond that to say that its one thing or another.
    nogie, you give the very arguement that is totally false. Even if the labor cost is dramatically higher in one country than another, FREE TRADE allows both countries to benefit in the increase of GDP and the resulting increase in standard of living of BOTH countries. I wish I knew how to make this address where you could click on it but I do not know how.

    http//mises.org/library/ricardian-law-comparative-advantage

    I hope I didn't make a mistake.

    It even goes so far as to give an example of two countries where one has an absolute advantage(price advantage) in the production of two products but each will always be comparatievly more efficent in one or the other product.

  12. #20
    Senior Member nogie1717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Watertown, SD
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    nogie, you give the very arguement that is totally false. Even if the labor cost is dramatically higher in one country than another, FREE TRADE allows both countries to benefit in the increase of GDP and the resulting increase in standard of living of BOTH countries. I wish I knew how to make this address where you could click on it but I do not know how.

    http//mises.org/library/ricardian-law-comparative-advantage

    I hope I didn't make a mistake.

    It even goes so far as to give an example of two countries where one has an absolute advantage(price advantage) in the production of two products but each will always be comparatievly more efficent in one or the other product.
    Tariffs aside, what products could America supply in a free trade situation that would equal Chinese imports?
    Lucas Nogelmeier
    Don't train to get it right, train to never get it wrong

Similar Threads

  1. Tariffs
    By Mikegillam in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2018, 10:04 AM
  2. Tariffs-Trump-Spies-China
    By swliszka in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2018, 08:53 AM
  3. Tariffs-Fear-Hype
    By swliszka in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-05-2018, 11:11 AM
  4. Tariffs
    By Marvin S in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-14-2018, 08:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •