Sportdog Collar Won't Pair With Transmitter - I've Tried Everything (Probably Not)
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Sportdog Collar Won't Pair With Transmitter - I've Tried Everything (Probably Not)

Default Sportdog Collar Won't Pair With Transmitter - I've Tried Everything (Probably Not)

No matter what I do (I've tried all of the usual solutions), my SD800 will not match up. It has freshly charged batteries, the transmitter is on mode 1, blah blah blah. This worked fine only a few days ago. Then it would sync up, but required 2 presses on the side button to work. Now, it doesn't work at all. I can't even get the collar to reset, because it doesn't respond to the transmitter anymore.

Anyone have a magic solution?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

My solution was to toss the Sport Dog in a drawer and buy a Garmin, Dogtra would have been fine too.
    "Tigerfan is more victim than villain....but then, you already knew that." blind ambition

Have you tried resetting the collar/receiver

Here is a link to the SportDog Support Topic:

https://www.sportdog.com/support-top...ollar-receiver

HTH,
    ZMan079

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I have tried that, but the collar and transmitter don't communicate at all, so I can get a red light on the collar, letting me know that it has been reset.

The collar or receiver is probably broken. I had a sport dog that went crapola on me. they replaced it under warranty and I sold the brand new one and bought a tri-tronics. That was in the olden days, now I have a Dogtra. Spend the money. You'll be glad you did.
    Docheno's Recon Warrior "Gunny"
    Bad Motor Scooter SH "Scooter"

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by leddyman View Post
    the collar or receiver is probably broken. I had a sport dog that went crapola on me. They replaced it under warranty and i sold the brand new one and bought a tri-tronics. That was in the olden days, now i have a dogtra. Spend the money. You'll be glad you did.
    ^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^

That model has been discontinued for several years. About all you can do is try some new batteries and go through the reprogramming process. A weak battery can cause them not to communicate.

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to replace it (I seriously doubt it's still under warranty). I personally would not invest any money into a system that old.

Best to move on. Garmin or Dogstra. Since we don’t know anything about you or your dog, it’s hard to recommend a model but buy the best one you can afford.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack" RIP
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson" RIP (5/26/01-6/18/15)
    Castile Creeks Rawhide, MH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by lmorgan79 View Post
    I have tried that, but the collar and transmitter don't communicate at all, so I can get a red light on the collar, letting me know that it has been reset.
    Contact SportDog, they offered me a substantial discount as a previous customer when my old collar died...