The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: interesting stats for '19 nafc

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birddogn_tc View Post
    Uhhh, the chart clearly came from Retriever Results website by clicking on the top Sires link...I don't think he's hiding a secret. And I'm pretty sure everyone else commenting realizes it's data from Retriever Results because they said as much.

And the secret chart is clearly sorted by #FC Titles (see the arrow next to that column?) So, the "Rank" column is the total number of offspring. Honcho would be ranked 79th because the rank is based on total progency. Grady is ranked #1 because he has the highest total progency, Lean Mac is #2 because he has the second highest total progency. And total progency on Retriever Results is, as stated above, most likely counted by dogs that were entered in an AKC event of some type. So, it is not actually counting ALL of a sire's offsprings. Only AKC has this information and (as also stated above) they claim they cannot provide that information.
    The chart is very blurry on my phone, so as to make the bottom line illegible.
    That being said the secret I want to know is how did they figure the number of progeny for each one of the sires
    I don’t think we know for certain where Retriever Results gets their data on progency, but I tend to agree with ErinsEdge (above) philosophy that the number of Progency for each Sire on the Retriever Results website is calculated by taking any offspring that have ever entered an AKC event that Retriever Results tracks (Field Trials and Hunt Tests).

So, if any Sire (or Dam) has offspring that DID NOT ever compete in an an AKC FT or HT, then those offspring would not show up in the Retriever Result database.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

According to my notes prior to RR, Honcho produced 76 FC and/or AFC and was the #2 producer. LeanMac is #1 and still counting because there still is frozen semen. Stats are only as good as they are thorough. I'm sure Dr Ed could state the most precise stats.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

If anyone can get the info, I'm interested in this stat.
    Of dogs entered, I'd like to know which dog has the highest finish rate (№ stakes entered, № stakes Jam or better) since last June. Then I'd like to know the top 10 dogs. Stats for all dogs entered would be interesting too.
    Thanks if you can do it.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- 2016)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    According to my notes prior to RR, Honcho produced 76 FC and/or AFC and was the #2 producer. LeanMac is #1 and still counting because there still is frozen semen. Stats are only as good as they are thorough. I'm sure Dr Ed could state the most precise stats.
    My life was far too busy to spend time pursuing ego boosting statistics. We knew he was a great dog and a great sire who produced a high percentage of talented and accomplished offspring of which we were fortunate to have owned many. It is ridiculous to compare sire productivity in the pre versus post frozen semen age. History will or should identify him as a great sire who appears in many currently successful dogs pedigree. Those who think Retriever accomplishments began with their personal enlightenment have no grasp of history. Someday all of us will be gone and we will be judged wrongly or rightly by history. I have great pride in my more or less passive contributions to a number of great dogs three of who are in the RHOF as well as their primary contributor Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    My life was far too busy to spend time pursuing ego boosting statistics. We knew he was a great dog and a great sire who produced a high percentage of talented and accomplished offspring of which we were fortunate to have owned many. It is ridiculous to compare sire productivity in the pre versus post frozen semen age. History will or should identify him as a great sire who appears in many currently successful dogs pedigree. Those who think Retriever accomplishments began with their personal enlightenment have no grasp of history. Someday all of us will be gone and we will be judged wrongly or rightly by history. I have great pride in my more or less passive contributions to a number of great dogs three of who are in the RHOF as well as their primary contributor Judy.
    I never saw am Honcho pup including those who were not FT dogs that wasn't a competitor at some level.

I cannot say the same for LM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Senior Member Twin Willows Labs's Avatar

Breck, Without looking it up, I would bet Tucker is right up there.

Twin Willows Lil Miss Zoey SH ***
    Soon to be the next big thing.

Andrew's Baby Saint 4/20/01-9/10/15
    The queen bee. My version of the once-in-a-lifetime dog. I regret not sharing her with the world. Forever my baby girl

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Willows Labs View Post
    Breck, Without looking it up, I would bet Tucker is right up there.
    Robby Bickley's Mickey has to be up there as well.

https://entryexpress.net/loggedin/vi...4407&regtype=1
    Last edited by bamajeff; 06-05-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    HRCH Laney's Chocolate Roux MH QAA
    HRCH Full Steam Coaltrain RIP

Quote Originally Posted by bamajeff View Post
    Robby Bickley's Mickey has to be up there as well.

https://entryexpress.net/loggedin/vi...4407&regtype=1
    Tucker is 45%
    Mickey is 49%
    Tubb is 46%

Quote Originally Posted by bjoiner View Post
    Tucker is 45%
    Mickey is 49%
    Tubb is 46%
    Cool thanks. Tucker is awesome.
    Any idea on last 12 months total points for those 3?
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- 2016)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    Cool thanks. Tucker is awesome.
    Any idea on last 12 months total points for those 3?
    This is from last July through now.

Tucker 45.5
    Mickey 55
    Tubb 37
    Last edited by bjoiner; 06-05-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This QA2
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg NDL, QA2
    This Beer Is Making Me Awesome