Read the Rule Book - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Read the Rule Book

No criticism intended, I know several people that complete in all age with success and some of the dogs have never seen a pro.
    "Tigerfan is more victim than villain....but then, you already knew that." blind ambition

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Duh! Did you get this from Professor Puppypoops book?

Before popping off You should really read the numerous posts in the thread referring to a potential
    change in the rules to limit the number of dogs an Amatuer can run in the Am.
    My post was my thoughts on that potential rule change.
    Since it is a potential rule change hat was not approved it obviously would not be in the current rulebook
    Not "popping off" about anything. I thought you were either ill informed or simply making a preposterous statement.

This is a sportsmanship issue. So - deal with the root of the problem. Let's quit speculating about how to change the rules indirectly to fix people's proclivity to cheat over a $3 ribbon and some bragging rights.

^^^ general statement - not directed at any one individual
    Last edited by DarrinGreene; 06-07-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    Darrin Greene

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    No criticism intended, I know several people that complete in all age with success and some of the dogs have never seen a pro.
    Agreed If the dog is capable sometimes, AM handlers do better in the AM, because Pros tend to monopolize the Qual; running a string of dogs over and over until the dogs can't legally run them anymore. Also Qual is pretty much about 1 &2 place, where as if your playing in the AM, the QAA that many people are looking for to go with the HT titles just might be more attainable. Why fight for 1st or 2nd with a seasoned dog, able to do AA work? An Owner/Handler AM might be a better ticket, and who knows you get lucky-real points.

Back to the original thread, I re-read every rule book before running, and definitely before judging. When you run-judge multiple venues you pretty much need to otherwise things get mixed up.
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 06-07-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"; "I train dogs, Not papers"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned; early or late it still needs to be learned"

GMHR HRCH Lakota MH (Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Storm MH (Upland/ Waterfowl Enthusiast)
    HR Banshi (problem child #3) - HR Trap (male-chocolate he's "special")

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinGreene View Post
    Not "popping off" about anything. I thought you were either ill informed or simply making a preposterous statement.

This is a sportsmanship issue. So - deal with the root of the problem. Let's quit speculating about how to change the rules indirectly to fix people's proclivity to cheat over a $3 ribbon and some bragging rights.

^^^ general statement - not directed at any one individual
    So you "thought" I was either ill-informed or simply making a Preposterous statement.

But YOU were wrong.

In reality what happened is that you made an insulting Preposterous statement about something that you were completely ill-informed about.

I am I believe that you're making a Preposterous statement about something you were ill-informed about what would qualify as popping off.

Seems like classic textbook popping off to me.
    Maybe Professor Puppypoops textbooks deals with that

If not you can take that up with my mother but I warn you if you pop off to her or my dad's liable to take his belt to your backside

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    So you "thought" I was either ill-informed or simply making a Preposterous statement.

But YOU were wrong.
    Not really. The idea that you could ever track/prove who actually trained a dog as part of amateur status is pretty well preposterous.

Maybe you're not ill informed but you're certainly dreaming.

But really - doesn't matter to the issue.

Read the rules - that's what the thread is about. Secondly - display good sportsmanship and take your lumps in the running order like everyone else who doesn't have an excuse to be somewhere else.

The issue of sandbagging and favoritism isn't new and it isn't exactly hidden within the community. You can't sit in a gallery with open ears and not hear about the issue. I know, because I have, on many, many occasions.

I may not run trials/tests now but I had enough exposure when I was interested in the games to understand in principal how stuff like this seems to flow.

So - if we're going to talk about how to step poor sportsmanship on the part of participants and in some cases committee members - then let's talk about that.

Reformulating what makes a person an amateur and setting limits on dogs to be run has nothing to do with the root cause of the issue.
    Darrin Greene

In fairness to those that haven't finished it, the AKC HT and FT rule book is one of the worst organized and put together pieces of literature I have encountered.

I understand the progressions and additions, but man is that thing in need of a structural overhaul.