Redistricting - Could this ultimately have a negative impact Republican votes?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redistricting - Could this ultimately have a negative impact Republican votes?

Default Redistricting - Could this ultimately have a negative impact Republican votes?

It will be interesting to see what comes of all of the data turned in by the Republican strategist Thomas Hofeller. Maybe another example of smoke/fire? The accusations have been there for years, yet no one ever had "proof". Maybe this will change how districts are drawn to represent a more common sense thinking...A couple of sentences from this article https://www.npr.org/2019/06/06/73026...5Ep20dR5w1Xcvk

"Redistricting is a very complex field, but I think it's a field which affects Americans a lot more than they understand," Hofeller said in 1991. "I define redistricting as the only legalized form of vote-stealing left in the United States today."

A mapmaker and Republican strategist, he saw holes in the democratic system that could be exploited by technology and guile. Hofeller, who died in August 2018, saw a way to turn small vote margins into supermajorities for GOP legislators.
    " Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, (red) wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Unknown

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

It could be an interesting story to see unfold.
    Lucas Nogelmeier
    Don't train to get it right, train to never get it wrong

A quote from Arnold; "You know it's a system where the politicians are picking the voters, rather than the voters picking the politicians. So I say it's time to say hasta la vista to gerrymandering. And it is time to terminate gerrymandering."

"
    In the United States, redistricting takes place in each state about every ten years, following the decennial census, and has always been regarded as a political exercise, which in most states is controlled by state legislators and governor. When one party controls the state House, Senate and governor's office, it is in a strong position to gerrymander district boundaries to advantage their side and disadvantage their political opponents
    "

Gerrymandering is unfair but now that it is being exposed for what it is, it will be limited in the next few years.
    Warning; taking a shot of whiskey every time Trump lies in a speech will result in death!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Redistricting is only part of the games being played!

Now some blue states are changing their election rules to say that whom ever wins the Presidential race in that state, will receive ALL of the electorial votes from that state. These two games being played could become problamatic in the upcoming election...

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Redistricting is only part of the games being played!

Now some blue states are changing their election rules to say that whom ever wins the Presidential race in that state, will receive ALL of the electorial votes from that state. These two games being played could become problamatic in the upcoming election...
    You are so incredibly uninformed that it's sad.
    People like you make me think they should give a intelligence test and the citizenship test before they allow anybody to vote.
    ALL states both Blue and red now give all of their Electoral College votes to whoever wins the presidential race in that state.
    Seems they have a habit of following that pesky little thing called the Constitution that you constantly preached about but know absolutely nothing about

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    People like you make me think they should give a intelligence test and the citizenship test before they allow anybody to vote.
    ALL states both Blue and red now give all of their Electoral College votes to whoever wins the presidential race in that state.
    Seems they have a habit of following that pesky little thing called the Constitution that you constantly preached about but know absolutely nothing about
    In my recollection, I believe EC votes are apportioned by legislative district in some states!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    In my recollection, I believe EC votes are apportioned by legislative district in some states!
    Maine & Nebraska have that, but I don't believe the votes have ever been split

Tigerlilly….you are starting to write like Franky!...You named your own poison! You better do more research! See quote from an article on the subject with link...I should get paid for educating you guys...and all the name calling, I think an apology is in order.....

If All States Voted Like Maine and Nebraska: Trump 290 Clinton 248
    “While some vote data is still incomplete, we're now able to provide a pretty good estimate of how the map would have looked if each state voted as they do in Maine and Nebraska.
    Those two states use the congressional district method, which allocates two electoral votes to the popular vote winner in the state, with one going to the popular vote winner in each individual congressional district. In 2016, this approach led to Donald Trump winning one of Maine's four electoral votes.”

https://www.270towin.com/news/2017/0...l#.XPvbyHdFxPY
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 06-08-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Section 2 of the 14th amendment provides that if a state denies the franchise to anyone
    eligible to vote, it's allotment of house seats shall be "reduced in the proportion which the
    number of such...citizens shall bear to the whole number of...citizens...in such state." This
    language is absolute & mandatory. Compliance is impossible without counting how many
    citizens live in each state.

Source WSJ - July 5, 2019 page A15
    Authors - David Rivkin Jr (DC) & Gilson B. Gray (NY)

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

You are....... WRONG......., BOY!! WHEEEW!!
    Last edited by HPL; 07-07-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com