The Myth of the Amateur Trained FC/AFC Dog - Page 5
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Myth of the Amateur Trained FC/AFC Dog

I am quite stupid so bear with me in saying this. Some of it is helped by being rural. I enjoy seeing the pictures of the prairies, oil fields, etc... If you can walk out the back door and do all your basics and transition don't you got a leg up on the other guy? I got 15 acres. I ain't driving nowhere's to do basics. Regardless of how far you get with it, it sees like the nature of the beast to me. Maybe it doesn't look like a myth if you got different scenery. Maybe you ask yourself why not instead? It doesn't matter either way. It was something I typed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I spoke with Mark Smith about this but he reminded me that Bob Kennon trained NFC AFC Shadow of Otter Creek with no professional help all while working a full time job and making due with grounds that he could find in South Louisiana. Bob won the 1978 National Open with that dog. Bob did later get dogs professionally trained however Shadow was not one of them nor had Bob had any professional training.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrown View Post
    I spoke with Mark Smith about this but he reminded me that Bob Kennon trained NFC AFC Shadow of Otter Creek with no professional help all while working a full time job and making due with grounds that he could find in South Louisiana. Bob won the 1978 National Open with that dog. Bob did later get dogs professionally trained however Shadow was not one of them nor had Bob had any professional training.
    What was name of nice bitch Bob had around a dozen years ago who wasn't breedable for some reason?
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- 2016)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I believe Bob’s dog name was Feather

[QUOTE=Mark Sehon;2162392]I believe Bob’s dog name was Feather[/QUOTE.

Right Feather it was, thanks.
    FC-AFC Feather of Sweetbriar.

https://www.retrievertraining.net/fo...er-had-puppies

Pdf about Bob HoF
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...aTgQm3lIjVgjM8
    Last edited by Breck; 06-14-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- 2016)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Train before work....be at work by 7am....do water blinds at lunch....meet for training after work...train till dark.....weekends watch the sunrise preparing to train all day..do puppy marks with head lights on the pond using glow in the dark bumpers..watch the sun set....winter drills under lights...I remember those days....breath it...eat it...live it...we had a heck of a group back in those days...all of us worked 40 plus hours a week....had many FC Afc"s ...national qualifiers...dual champion chessies...and national finalists......Randy
    CHRIS ATKINSON...PLEASE don't QUIT CHANGING MY PROFILE PAGE!!

"And if you have a golden, bring TWO towels!"

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohn View Post
    Train before work....be at work by 7am....do water blinds at lunch....meet for training after work...train till dark.....weekends watch the sunrise preparing to train all day..do puppy marks with head lights on the pond using glow in the dark bumpers..watch the sun set....winter drills under lights...I remember those days....breath it...eat it...live it...we had a heck of a group back in those days...all of us worked 40 plus hours a week....had many FC Afc"s ...national qualifiers...dual champion chessies...and national finalists......Randy
    Yes, you got to enjoy it and the time with the dog(s). It is what sets us apart. It is the journey not the destination.
    Daniel Shnitka

Believe in yourself, believe in your dog.