Cnn - Page 7
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cnn

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    ....then why did you not say so in your initial defence of another poster who used “prick” as an ad hominem?

Why would you even want to defend someone so intellectually vacant that they would employ such a vulgarity in reply to a reasonable, cogent interrogatory? Why, morally and intellectually, would you wish to lower yourself by becoming enmeshed in the defence of the inexcusable?

Language is everything, it separates us from the apes. I know you are deeply cognizant of this, lesser the sin against wisdom to remain silent than to actively promote a wrong.

Had TigerFan's initial post been reasonable and polite (cogent or not) I wouldn't have. I would suggest that you go back and reread my initial post. Pay special attention to the quotation marks. If you read carefully, you will realize that I was not, as you seem to think, pointing out that the word "ineligible" should have been replaced by "unlikely" but rather implying that making that suggestion would have been the civil way for Tigerfan to challenge the OP.

I don't really like the use of vulgarities except in cases where one might have reason to believe that the intended audience wouldn't really understand anything else. I'll let the other members of the forum decide if that was the case in this instance.

Now, I could have responded to your post like this:

"Clearly you must have skipped the classes on punctuation and grammar or you would have understood what my use of quotation marks (these things ") actually was intended to accomplish in my post. If your reading comprehension were at, oh, say, a sixth grade level, it would have been completely obvious that I wasn't saying that the OP should have used the word "unlikely" rather than "ineligible" but that the !$%# who started this should have pointed out the difference in a more polite manner.", but that's really not my style.

A bit beneath my upbringing, and I really don't have to struggle to write as I did in the first paragraph, but being nasty takes a bit more effort.
    Last edited by HPL; 07-02-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I was watching Neww Day with Camerota and Berman, this morning and I heard one of her "brilliant?" statements. She again stated that Trump "sided with the wlhite supremists" when talking about the riot in Va. What he ACTUALLY SAID, was "there were good people on both sides". I would not have used the words he used, but personally, I think that he was trying to br uncharacteristicallly complimentary and did a bad job of it.

But at best, she misrepresented the truth.

I also listened to one of the those running for Presidential nomination of the Democrat Party, John Delaney. He managed to come up with a new proposal or at least a new name for a healthcare plan. He called it "Universal Healthcare with AN OPTION". Anyone want to give a RATIONAL explanation of what he is describing???

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I was watching Neww Day with Camerota and Berman, this morning and I heard one of her "brilliant?" statements. She again stated that Trump "sided with the wlhite supremists" when talking about the riot in Va. What he ACTUALLY SAID, was "there were good people on both sides". I would not have used the words he used, but personally, I think that he was trying to br uncharacteristicallly complimentary and did a bad job of it.

But at best, she misrepresented the truth.

I also listened to one of the those running for Presidential nomination of the Democrat Party, John Delaney. He managed to come up with a new proposal or at least a new name for a healthcare plan. He called it "Universal Healthcare with AN OPTION". Anyone want to give a RATIONAL explanation of what he is describing???
    Well, so far, there is not a single Democrat that has offered a rational explanation of "Universal Healthcare with an Option". I suspect there isn't one and it is simply a phrase that is nonsense.