Retail
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail

Default Retail

600 companies sign a letter to POTUS urging him to settle the China tariff situation.
    A virtual Who's Who of the retail world.

When you shop remember that those folks don't care where their money comes from,
    welfare money is just as good as earned money in their mind. What will they do there
    are no folks willing to buy stuff from people that hate us.

$22,000,000,000,000 & counting. If there are no jobs to work who pays that back?

Buy American or at least buy from countries that are our allies!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

"Buy American" sounds good but the reality is that people en mass will not spend more for and equal product just because it is made in America.

Jobs? There are far more jobs in America right now than there are Americans willing to work.
    "Tigerfan is more victim than villain....but then, you already knew that." blind ambition

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    "Buy American" sounds good but the reality is that people en mass will not spend more for and equal product just because it is made in America.

Jobs? There are far more jobs in America right now than there are Americans willing to work.

Well said!

Also the American consumers will not accept poor quality, most will pay more for a better product. The history of the American Automobile Companies and Consumer electronics are a perfect example of this. In the last ten years or so, American automobiles have improved overall quality, not the best quality, but much improved over past models, but in many cases they are priced higher than foreign competitors.

Tariff's are only a part of the puzzle!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

If they are not willing to work would you agree that coercion might be in order?

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    If they are not willing to work would you agree that coercion might be in order?
    No coercion is necessary, just eliminate the many layers of government handouts.
    "Tigerfan is more victim than villain....but then, you already knew that." blind ambition

Statistics show that over 40% of Americans aren't working
    I believe you fall into this category as well as people like JD and Paul Young.and Franco
    If you believe this is a problem that can be fixed by coercion I have a suggestion maybe we can employ JD to hook you up to the Chain Gang for you to crush rocks if you slack off when you're crushing rocks Paul Young can be employed to crack the whip to coerce you to get you back to work. We can employ Franco to ride shotgun to shoot any of the slackers who try to make an escape
    Just trying to help in the worst way, while incorporating your brilliant ideas

No coercion is necessary, just eliminate the many layers of government handouts.
    Very good solution.
    Would also be a great approach to address the illegal immigration problem and possibly eliminate the need for the wall

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    I believe you fall into this category as well as people like JD and Paul Young.and Franco
    If you believe this is a problem that can be fixed by coercion I have a suggestion maybe we can employ JD to hook you up to the Chain Gang for you to crush rocks if you slack off when you're crushing rocks Paul Young can be employed to crack the whip to coerce you to get you back to work. We can employ Franco to ride shotgun to shoot any of the slackers who try to make an escape
    Too funny Mr. Tiger!

On another note, anyone see the Jobs Report for May?
    Trump's nonsense seems so transparent. It blows me away that there are so many people who lap his lies and deceit up. Cult is the only word for such delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    If you had read the article with the level of thoroughness you might have noticed that the stats you note
    have a limited demographic. We all paid our dues & expect promises to be kept. As for productivity, I would
    venture I do more for society today than you inyour heyday even dreamed of.

As for coercion, there are many ways to skin that phrase!

Marvin S

If you had read the article with the level of thoroughness you might have noticed that the stats you note
    have a limited demographic. We all paid our dues & expect promises to be kept. As for productivity, I would
    venture I do more for society today than you inyour heyday even dreamed of.

As for coercion, there are many ways to skin that phrase!
    If you had read the thread with (the??? ) ANY level of thoroughness you might have noticed that ......the article you refer to and chastised me for not reading with the thoroughness of an infallible Engineer such as yourself,...... doesn't exist!!!!! LOL ROFLMAO
    What article are you hallucinating about you doddering old sundowner?
    This is your thread, and there is no article mentioned or referred to or cited by you in any of your three post or by anyone else in any of the other posts throughout the entire thread.

As for your second point on productivity we all know that you are a legend in your own mind, and the older you get the faster you used to be. .
    Like any mere mortal I quiver in the presence of your self-proclaimed infallibility and greatness.

Regarding your third point on how to skin the phrase coercion, well frankly I'm stumped
    Heck, silly old me I thought it was a word not a phrase..
    As I pointed out before this is your thread and you chose to use the word coercion.
    You go ahead and skin that phrase however you feel meets your needs

Here's a definition I found that agrees with what I always took that word to mean.
    But what do I know I'm no engineer and as I already admitted I thought it was a word not a phrase.

co·er·cion
    /kōˈərZHən,kōˈərSHən/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.
    synonyms: force, compulsion, constraint, duress, oppression, enforcement, harassment, intimidation, threats, insistence, demand, arm-twisting, pressure, pressurization, influence