2019 narc - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 narc

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    Is it just me or are there more PU this year?
    Pickups occur (1)when the dog is so far away from the mark it doesn’t matter, (2)the dog won’t handle, (3)the dog already has a handle. This is not an abnormally high percentage of pickups.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Actually the blog has been quite good. A dog I was watch was PU after being clean to the 4th. Read the blog dog over ran the mark and kept going had to be picked up with gunner help. He is a pretty good dog, as are most out there, could be something in the setup happened again and again.
    "They's Just DAWGS"; "I train dogs, Not papers"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned; early or late it still needs to be learned"

GMHR HRCH Lakota MH (Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Storm MH (Upland/ Waterfowl Enthusiast)
    HR Banshi (problem child #3) - HR Trap (male-chocolate he's "special")

Alot of dogs can't remember 4 birds....they've been trained that they have to go when sent to go...memory fades quickly....now add pheasants to the mix and alot of dogs miss birds real easily....Randy
    CHRIS ATKINSON...PLEASE don't QUIT CHANGING MY PROFILE PAGE!!

"And if you have a golden, bring TWO towels!"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Todays water blind sure looks like a tough one.

The judges aren't letting up!! Some dogs still doing really good work from the description of the blog.
    4xGMPR HRCH UH Blackjack's Gen. Stonewall Jackson MH - at stud

https://www.retrievertraining.net/for...MH-Yellow-Male

Originally Posted by FOM "you're welcome....unicorns, skittles and rainbow farts...."

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohn View Post
    now add pheasants to the mix and alot of dogs miss birds real easily....Randy
    Pulling hen pheasants out of heavy cover seems to be one of the keys of a national. It is surprising how many dogs will go right to the area of the fall but can't find the hen and decide to move on to one of the three others they saw thrown, resulting in a handle or worse.
    "We'd be happy to keep training him but it would be cheaper for you to buy a better dog" Anonymous A-List Pro

15 of the remaining 36 dogs were picked by less than 10 people in the EE Pick’em contest.
    Glen Guider, GA
    HRCH UH Candlewoods Captain Jack Sparrow MH QA2
    HR UH Candlewoods Small Town Southern Man "AJ" MH QA2
    GRHRCH UH Gandy's Ready for a Hurricane "Maggie" MH QA2
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH QA2
    SML's Burn Notice "Fiona" QA2
    Red Squad's Randall Raines "Memphis"

Senior Member Twin Willows Labs's Avatar

Both Mickey and Tucker handle in the 8th. Wow.

Also, I'm confused by something I've seen twice now on the blog. Callbacks are reported, then the next day it is announced that a dog which was initially reported as dropped is now called back. It said once this came from the judges and the second time, from the marshal. Is this just due to the blog getting their list wrong? Or is there something else that led to these updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Willows Labs View Post
    Both Mickey and Tucker handle in the 8th. Wow.

Also, I'm confused by something I've seen twice now on the blog. Callbacks are reported, then the next day it is announced that a dog which was initially reported as dropped is now called back. It said once this came from the judges and the second time, from the marshal. Is this just due to the blog getting their list wrong? Or is there something else that led to these updates?
    I’m here. The first one after the 2nd and 3rd was an overlooked unfair situation where a blind stake fell over while a dog was running the 3rd series land blind. The judges are reviewing their sheets a second time on all drops to make sure they aren’t missing anything. They had missed their note on the marker falling over and called Lauren the next morning to get his tail to the trial. Needless to say, he was relieved. The callbacks to the 8th, I think they overlooked Connie’s dog number. They are also reviewing their notes against the blog callbacks and caught it then. They also joked around with me about the blog posting I picked up on a pretty nice blind in the 5th. These ladies doing the blog are doing great and working hard in a very very long day. It’s hard to be 100% accurate, but it keeps the people that can’t be here in the loop. Thanks to them.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This QA2
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg NDL, QA2
    This Beer Is Making Me Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Not much of a WB from a water standpoint. 230 yards of running and 20 yards of swimming.
    Can’t swim much with 115 dogs and get done. They had plenty of answers from the long water entry and the land blind got rough at the end.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This QA2
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg NDL, QA2
    This Beer Is Making Me Awesome