New HRC Camo policy - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New HRC Camo policy

Quote Originally Posted by James Seibel View Post
    I took off my camo jacket and had on a white sweat shit.
    Sounds awful
    "Tigerfan is more victim than villain....but then, you already knew that." blind ambition

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Unless something's changed, there's no rule against shoving your sleeves up above your elbows to expose more than just your hands or even using both exposed forearms together, just as one might when having to handle on genuinely long blinds while hunting.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: 2017-2018 Season Log

A roll of toilet paper is a great handling aid when actually duck hunting. Stays in my blind bag.

If you get worried that your dog can't see you at a hunt test, simply buy one of the handlers jackets. They conveniently are made out of camo patterns that don't match any background on this earth.
    Mark Land

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Fishduck, sounds like something Drunkenpoacher could use.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Running View Post
    Fishduck, sounds like something Drunkenpoacher could use.
    Any experienced waterfowl hunter will agree, the value of a roll of TP in a duck blind cannot be overstated.
    "Tigerfan is more victim than villain....but then, you already knew that." blind ambition

I don't understand the change in policy because I always thought camo was mandatory anyway, unless the policy has been slipping because handlers want to make sure their dogs see them when handling, and when really hunting hunters do change attire so the dogs see them, why should the camo culture be more important than being fair to the dog should be of primary importance?
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

It ain’t about the dogs, unfortunately. Some folks will always find something unimportant to focus on.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    It ain’t about the dogs, unfortunately. Some folks will always find something unimportant to focus on.
    That's what it sounds like to me, Camofest and not dog work with live ducks. Sorry.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    Like the ones armed with rangefinders to make sure no mark or blind is a yard to long.

Pretty simple work-around. Wear a dark timber camo pattern if the background is grass or light colored. If you're in front of a wall of dark cedars, wear a light marsh camo.