New HRC Camo policy - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New HRC Camo policy

A couple questions.. Are khaki shorts or brush khaki pants ok? Should all judges respect the rules? I think so. We wear camo then set on a orange bucket, stand under a blue tent, saw a red Budweiser tent once, judges setting in a red chair with white socks above his 6 inch boots, drinks and food is a white/blue cooler. I agree all should be camo. Its is a hunt test.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by R N King View Post
    A couple questions.. Are khaki shorts or brush khaki pants ok? Should all judges respect the rules? I think so. We wear camo then set on a orange bucket, stand under a blue tent, saw a red Budweiser tent once, judges setting in a red chair with white socks above his 6 inch boots, drinks and food is a white/blue cooler. I agree all should be camo. Its is a hunt test.
    They could use a pop up duck blind with grass and the works, like the one I once ran from sitting inside of at a NAHRA test. then you don't have to worry about wearing camo... dogs sat on the outside, of course.
    The way I look at it, every dog is an opportunity to be a better trainer, and every day is a new day to be a better trainer to the same dog we trained yesterday.

I used to have both a camo hat and a black baseball style cap that had white linings. Take it off and turn it so the dog can see it and voila.
    Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Holy crap! Someone still knows voila from "walla".
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: 2017-2018 Season Log

Quote Originally Posted by spaightlabs View Post
    I used to have both a camo hat and a black baseball style cap that had white linings. Take it off and turn it so the dog can see it and voila.
    I thought HRC had a rule you couldn't take your hat off

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    I thought HRC had a rule you couldn't take your hat off
    Don't know that it was ever a "rule" other than you can't use your hat in a manner that intimidates the dog, which casting a dog wouldn't seem to be.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: 2017-2018 Season Log

I will type this only once.......

The judges control the test..........................Unless it is against the "rules" or a "safety situation"; the judges are allowed to set up most anything, as long as it doesn't violate what I typed prior.

At finished, my co-judge and I can put you on a "remote sit", "do a walk-up triple", do a "delayed triple", run a "cold blind", specify "order of pick up of marks".....................I could go on ............
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Joe Schimpf

HRCH UH River Joes Lil Supa Dupa-Dee.......500pt. club
    River Joes Lil Homeboy
    River Joes On Dee Tiger's Tail